1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mike & Mike: Clayton suggests Larry Allen could miss the HOF this year w/Audio #125

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 28, 2013.

1. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,343 Messages
    2,895 Likes Received
    We needed more proof?
  2. Hopeuhavechange

Hopeuhavechange New Member

145 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like to think I can step back assess things dispassionately, objectively. And, to me, it's readily apparent- and even clearer upon reflection- that Larry Allen's ample body of work screams 1st ballot HOF honoree. He dominated his opponents in the trenches as few lineman have and helped cleared a path for the league's all time leading rusher. Are not his HOF merits clear to these weasels? The entire institution will debase itself if they fail to recognize the obvious.

And I think the specter of his acceptance speech should tip the balance in his favor for any fencesitters as I have a feeling he'll leave plenty of time for other, more verbose recipients. Here is a man who truly and properly laid out his compelling case on the field of battle. He needs no lofty words of validation.

Free Larry Allen. Let him go.:starspin
  3. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,263 Messages
    456 Likes Received
    I wouldn't call Jimmy a failure in Miami. He finished 36-28 with 2 playoff wins in Miami.

Flores really doesn't have a good case or at least as good as Jimmy. He was a failure in Seattle after leaving the Raiders. In 4 seasons in Seattle he was 14-34
  4. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,188 Messages
    1,313 Likes Received
    what did Jimmy have in Miami vs what Flores had in Seattle?
  5. Crazed Liotta Eyes

Crazed Liotta Eyes Member

47 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    The sight of him makes me ill, but I wouldn't argue with Strahan getting in. Although, in my opinion, the single season sack record should never be mentioned as one of the reasons. Favre laying down to give him the record was a disgrace. Not really Strahan's fault but that really bothered me.
  6. mmillman

mmillman Active Member

2,143 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    That is BS.

Allen was the best guard I have ever seen. He completely destroyed the man across from him. Journeymen and pro bowlers alike.
  7. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,467 Messages
    235 Likes Received
    Allen is just on a whole other level from Strahan and Sapp.

Regardless, the HOF is a joke that has become more about rewarding long term stats vs. players who were elite. The HOF is really just a lifetime achievement award for pro bowl types, instead of an enshrinement of the few elite, game changing players who shaped the history of the NFL. IMO, it just isn't what it should be.

IMO, there aren't more than a handful of current players who should eventually be HOFers, yet dozens of them will make it in.
  8. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,427 Messages
    849 Likes Received
    He built 4 teams into contenders. He actually got us into the playoffs with Quincy Carter as QB.
  9. mldardy

6,263 Messages
    456 Likes Received
    I'm just giving you facts. you said Jimmy was a failure in Miami and I just gave you facts that he wasn't. Flores was a failure in Seattle. I don't care what each had for those teams. That's not the point.
  10. mldardy

6,263 Messages
    456 Likes Received
    The Cowboys weren't contenders under Parcells. No division titles, no playoff wins.
  11. PA Cowboy Fan

1,427 Messages
    849 Likes Received
    Oh give me a break. He took a Quincy Carter team to the playoffs. He led another team to the playoffs with Romo. The very next year, that team was 13-3. The Cowboys had been rebuilt. The fact that the team has regressed since that time is not Parcells fault. You might not like Parcells but his legacy is already set. He's a HOF coach. He'd be a HOF coach if he never came to the Cowboys.
  12. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,610 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    allen was overrated from 2000 on.
  13. burmafrd

41,188 Messages
    1,313 Likes Received
    so talent has no bearing on how a coach does. Interesting; but that does expalin some of your comments
  14. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,551 Messages
    426 Likes Received
    He inherited chicken and made chicken salad.

He didn't have a franchise QB, countless skill position studs, hall of famers (Ware/Witten), etc like Boy Wonder did.

He was getting it done with absolute scrubs. Granted it was a soft 10-6 against a weak schedule with a pothead loser QB - but regardless, you gotta take your hat off to what BP did for the franchise.
  15. mldardy

6,263 Messages
    456 Likes Received
    Flores had 3 years to develop talent and he didn't. You are now changing the subject altogether. You started off saying Johnson was a failure and now it's changed over to what each coach had to work with. If you are good coach you develop your teams talent which Flores failed to do in Seattle.
  16. mldardy

6,263 Messages
    456 Likes Received
    Wow good for him. He still didn't accomplish anything while he was here especially considering all the hype of what he was brought here for. Some poor questionable drafts and draft picks, bringing in all his old cronies(Testaverde, Bledsoe, Richie Anderson,etc) and none of it working. Failed Decembers and as I said a big ZERO playoff wins and division titles.
  17. mldardy

6,263 Messages
    456 Likes Received
    Oh you give me a break he failed to win here. You and some others just can't handle the truth. He also led us to a 6-10 season and two 9-7 seasons after while trying to incorporate Vinny Testaverde and Drew Bledsoe as qb. Missing the playoffs in 2 of those years and in all of those years he was horrible in December. Parcells didn't do anything noteworthy while he was here. You give me a break and face the facts.

That 13-3 team I get so tired of people giving Parcells credit for that. He didn't coach that team and it's funny that as soon as he leaves they take off. He didn't utilize the players he had here correctly. Not using Owens correctly in the offense, waiting too long to play Romo when everyone could clearly see he should have been starting. Take your blinders off and realize he was pretty average at best while he was here.
  18. PA Cowboy Fan

1,427 Messages
    849 Likes Received
    Yea I can tell how that team took off. They were the most disappointing Cowboy team in history. A #1 seed who lost their first playoff game. I wasn't that surprised. I knew the team would fail with Wade as coach. It's just gotten worse as the seasons went by. And now the Cowboys are stuck in mediocrity. Parcells rebuilt this franchise. The coaches that followed him could not improve on it. That's the fact.
  19. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,243 Messages
    1,330 Likes Received
    Parcells accomplished one thing, here in Dallas. He built the foundation we are currently using. He brought us out of cap hell and put us on a positive track, IMO.
  20. burmafrd

41,188 Messages
    1,313 Likes Received
    And Jimmy had how many years to develope MORE talent and didn't.

Bottom line is no matter how you twist it he failed in his second stint as HC in the NFL