1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mike & Mike: Clayton suggests Larry Allen could miss the HOF this year w/Audio #125

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,594 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    I feel like the Auburn fans in this picture after seeing this blatant Cowboys bias on a yearly basis.

[IMG]
  2. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,662 Messages
    714 Likes Received
    Johnson won 2 playoff games and never finished below .500 in any season in Miami. I keep going back to your original point where you said he was a failure and he wasn't. Unless you want to count that he didn't win the Super Bowl as a failure which I don't. All the other stuff you keep talking about developing talent and all that stuff doesn't matter to my reply of him being a failure. How bout this he developed enough talent not to finish 2-14 and 4-12 like Flores did and actually got to the playoffs and won a couple of games. How's that for developing talent.
  3. mldardy

6,662 Messages
    714 Likes Received
    They failed with Parcells much much greater. Parcells couldn't even get a division title out of that group.
  4. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,607 Messages
    1,564 Likes Received
    once again how much talent did Jimmy BRING IN to Miami? What was his record?

So he won a couple of playoff games. Never was a threat to go to the SB.

No matter how you want to spin it compared to his first job he FAILED at Miami.

And that is what most people remember who were not Boys fans.
  5. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

...when I was young and NAIVE I didn't believe any of the anti-cowboy paranoia....now I KNOW it's true. I've been watching the NFL since 1977 and Larry Allen is the best Guard EVER...it isnt' even close either. This pisses me off beyond belief. I disliked Clayton before this, now I hate his GUTS. HE's a disingenuous piss ant who has never played a down of football in his life. Let me guess: the two DOLTS licked it up and NEVER challenged him did they? Golic was a JAG and Patrick is like Clatyon: a NERD...................:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
  6. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

...........what a JOKE!!!!!!!!! Modell maybe NEXT year but DEBARTOLO? The guy that got kicked out of the league for gambling??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!:bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :eek:
  7. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    He was better than any lineman on the current team even at that point of his career. I really don't know if it was overrated. He just regressed from being the best ever. Age gets even the best.
  8. mldardy

6,662 Messages
    714 Likes Received
    LOL whatever man. You completely avoided your main point and danced around it the entire time.
  9. mldardy

6,662 Messages
    714 Likes Received
    LOL whatever man. That's two more playoffs wins than Flores had at his second job. You completely avoided your main point and danced around it the entire time.
  10. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,607 Messages
    1,564 Likes Received
    common response from someone that found out he was owned
  11. mldardy

6,662 Messages
    714 Likes Received
    :rolleyes: :banghead: :lmao2:
  12. ringmaster

ringmaster Well-Known Member

1,735 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I remember in the Ravens 2000 SB season where the Cowboys played them even though the Ravens shut them out 27-0, Allen was lined up on a very good DE at the time in Mike McCrary, and on one running play LA just sent McCrary flying in the air onto his backside it just left me speechless.

Larry Allen was a animal on the field and if he was part of the first two 90s SB teams with the o-line the Cowboys already had it would've been unfair.
  13. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,349 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    Didn't read everything in the thread but I will add that Larry Allen's biggest strike is that he played for the Cowboys. The Cowboys have and always will get shafted when it comes to the HOF. Had he played for ANY other team, there is ZERO doubt he would get in on the first try. This is truly a crying shame.
  14. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,717 Messages
    358 Likes Received
    Larry deserves first ballot.