1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mike Ditka: just throw at Claiborne

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Little Jr, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,729 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    On mike and mike he said that all teams have to is just throw at Claiborne and he will hold the WR. He said he did every play they just didn't call all of them. Also said Scandrick and Claiborne cannot tackle. Said they pass on plays.
  2. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,928 Messages
    507 Likes Received
    Scandrick might be a lot of things but a poor tackler isn't one. I think Ditka saw that one highlight from a week ago and made a presumption.
  3. Little Jr

2,729 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    I agree. He also said our ol is horrible. Lol forgot to add that
  4. jayhouston12

jayhouston12 New Member

543 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Claiborne is a rookie, i never expected him to be shut down. and Claiborne is physical and touchy coming from the SEC of course he is, its something he'll have to tone down (the touchy part) he's shown improvment and will be a stud but of course he's going to get penalties and might even get toasted a time or two

it comes with being the rookie starter.
  5. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,346 Messages
    374 Likes Received
    Claiborne struggled and for the 1st time he seemed to lose confidence.it happens to most rookie CBs. He will have to bounce back.
  6. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Did Ditka also say that Claiborne is playing better in his rooke year than any DB he ever coached in thiers, and any rookie to come out in many years?

Did Ditka also say that he NEVER coached DBs beause he was NOT a D-Coordinator? That's right, he had to rely on Rob Ryan's father for that.

Just trying to keep the tabloic commnets in the media honest.
  7. Little Jr

2,729 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    Just to make it clear I did not post this cause I agree. I couldn't have disagree more. Just wanted to get others thoughts.
  8. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Any objective analyst will tell you that Claiborne is playing better than any rookie DB to come out in many, many years.

If Ditka strongly believes what he said then why didn't he follow up his comments with "and this is why rokkie DBs should never start in the NFL"?

He won't because his Cowboy grudge is that that. He's still hot over the Landry firing. He has said so many times in the past.

That's fine, many are, but as an analysts he has a job to do and he's not doing it objectively. And to take it out his grudge on a rookie who's a good kid and is playing well is quite pathetic.
  9. wick

wick Active Member

745 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    I wonder if this is something we'll continue to see a lot of from Claiborne. He isn't an elite athlete. He's good, but he's not great in that department.
  10. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

37,488 Messages
    3,794 Likes Received
    Some of us reminded all that Mo is a rookie and he has a steep learning curve. I think many picked up some bad habits with the replacements refs who were letting them hold like crazy. The other issues are he plays pressure and that requires some contact at the LOS. He needs to remember contact does not include holding at least the type that gets called. He'll get more physical as time goes by and will learn to be more subtle with his holding which all CBs do. He's made less mistakes than I imagined.
  11. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,677 Messages
    1,889 Likes Received
    I hope they do the 1st part. The 2nd part I agree with but Claiborne has improved at his tackling.

Bottom line is he is a rookie and as bad as he was yesterday he was amazing in the Giants game.

He's a rookie and this is just the time of the year that those guys usually start to slow down.

Scandrick on the other hand just sucks. He was having a nice year and then he just went back to Scandrick mode last week.
  12. Shinywalrus

Shinywalrus Active Member

1,740 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Of course Claiborne holds on every down. Every press corner holds on every down. Part of the growing pains will be learning how to hide it better.

The gameplan was clearly to jam the tiny Philadelphia receivers hard. He just took it a bit too far.
  13. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,641 Messages
    697 Likes Received
    Ditka, everytime I see this dude I see all show and very little substance. At least as a coach and commentator. He completely underachieved as head coach. With the Bears that team should have had more than 1 Super Bowl and you could argue he wasn't even the reason the won that Super Bowl and Buddy Ryan had every bit to do with it. And we all know his disaster with the Saints. His commentating is atrocious as well like he doesn't even watch the games and goes off of his yeah I'm Mike Ditka, 'Da Bears' SNL reputation. Shutup Ditka, I dare QB's to continue throwing at Claiborne, they'll regret it eventually.
  14. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,071 Messages
    1,080 Likes Received
    All I will say is that I hope teams take Ditka's advice.

YR
  15. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Well they are.. keep laughing though. I know Romo isn't.
  16. ROUSH8692

ROUSH8692 Well-Known Member

1,212 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    Really? We lost the ATL game because of his stellar tackling...
  17. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,641 Messages
    697 Likes Received
    We lost the ATL game because our offense couldn't put it into the endzone.
  18. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,883 Messages
    377 Likes Received
    Last 2 games have been rough for Claibourne but even with those you could still argue he's been our best CB this season. He'll get better, in fact we've seen him better all season so i'm not worried
  19. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,621 Messages
    1,485 Likes Received
    WHAT?

What the heck are you basing that on?
  20. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,928 Messages
    507 Likes Received
    Yes--one play cost us the game in Atlanta. Nevermind they scored 13 pts, nevermind all the dropped passes, nevermind the poor playcalling, forget the penalties....it was all Scandrick's fault.

and yes....

....Scandrick is a poor tackler because of one missed tackle. Guess Ware is a crappy tackler as well....since he blew one a little later on the same drive.

Very myopic of you.