1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mike Ditka: just throw at Claiborne

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Little Jr, Nov 12, 2012.

1. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,655 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    I have no idea how they missed that call.
  2. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Mo is a rookie and I am glad we drafted him. But I didn't expect him to not have bad experiences in his rookie season. The key is how to develop and minimize those errors and learn from them. I think he will be just fine.
  3. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

3,076 Messages
    974 Likes Received
    Some of those holding calls are bull****. The pass downfield where the receiver pulled him down should have been offensive pass interference.

The other time was when Spencer caught that INT. He was well within the 5 yard limit and if it was a hold it did not disrupt is route at all. The receiver was just *****ing to the ref too much there and swayed him to throw the flag.
  4. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

1,086 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    Claiborne looked horrible yesterday, but that is the first time we can say that all season. He will turn it around. I am looking forward to him being a heck of a player for a long long time.
  5. vlad

vlad Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,085 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    not saying Clairborne didn't hold, though that one on the Spencer INT was touchy at best.

Still I wonder how the guys in Seattle don't get called...I'm not saying ref bias or anything, but they either are incredibly lucky or are playing somehow differently, cuz those two corners smash guys like 7 or 8 yards down the field constantly, whether its a hold or illegal hands.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? Is it a case of your rep allowing you to play a certain way?
  6. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,403 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    Please keep throwing at him, it is only a matter of time before he gets comfortable and makes some one pay.
  7. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Just throw at any CB who utilize press man techs in the NFL, because either the NFL refs don't know what it is or they're actively trying to de-facto outlaw it. I actually preferred the product of the game under the replacement refs, rather than this over officiated, over legislated, overly punitive towards the defense product.
  8. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,034 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    Claiborne will be fine once he gets his confidence under him. Pretty much every rookie CB goes through this, even Revis and Peterson. I wish Jenkins would get back asap though because it would be nice to insert him into the lineup when Claiborne is obviously struggling.
  9. D29Murray

D29Murray New Member

378 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He's given up 4 TDs.
  10. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,655 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    Or watch Revis (when he was out there)...
  11. Sarge

Sarge Happy Holidays Staff Member

21,111 Messages
    1,960 Likes Received
    He's a rookie for cripe sakes. He will be an integral part of this defense for years to come - guaranteed.
  12. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

3,885 Messages
    251 Likes Received
    Mo will be fine, this is all part of the rookie growing pains.

I think Mo will be a great player for us for years to come.

Overall, his rookie campaign has not been bad thus far, I look forward to see how he plays the rest of the season.
  13. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

3,071 Messages
    1,267 Likes Received
    Agreed. Mo had a bad game yesterday. Clearly his worst so far. But he will learn from it and get better. He will be better next year and the year after that. I see Pro Bowls in his future.

I'm surprised Ditka is making broad, sweeping statements like this without taking into account that he's a rookie. He's been at ESPN too long.