1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mike Fisher is a cool guy

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by dcowboysfan76, Apr 4, 2014.

1. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,994 Messages
    297 Likes Received
    come across as a bit of a male genital tbh. thinks he knows it all, wont accept other peoples opinions, yep, 1st class anus imo
  2. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Ha, great story. Typical for Mr Tough Guy Contrarian to suddenly become a p-cat when it comes to protecting Jerry... And those in his family portrait.
  3. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,315 Messages
    2,152 Likes Received
    I hear most of the local journalists talk tough about Jerry and Garrett. Seldom do they say the things they do behind their backs to their faces.

I've written Galloway and given him a hard time. He takes it in stride. Fisher claims he is Jerry's back pocket boy. And he has broken many stories being the first to have the information.

But most of these guys back away when they have the opportunity to call Jerry out.

If you don't have the gumption to say it to Jerry or Garrett or any of the players face to face, then maybe you shouldn't say it behind their backs. Just my opinion.

Here's the deal. Mike is a pretty cool guy. But if he chooses to give opinions as part of his trade, then I believe that territory also requires asking tough questions.
    jobberone likes this.
  4. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

11,171 Messages
    2,751 Likes Received
    Just kidding with you TwoDeep... just kidding.

I agree that they should say it to their face if they're gonna do it at other times.
  5. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,049 Messages
    2,234 Likes Received
    Fisher is a pompous, arrogant, out-of-control, know-it-all, ultra-liberal, self-absorbed jerk. It's what keeps getting him fired.

He's also a pretty dadgum good reporter and an excellent writer, which is what keeps getting him re-hired.

He'll respond to you, which is cool, but depending on his current defcon level of self-love at that moment, expect a sharp level of condescension and confrontation at times.

At his best, he's the voice of reason in a TMZ-crazed media. But at his worst, I've heard him refer to a rival media member as having an "ugly wife".

Jekyll and Hyde.
    jobberone likes this.
  6. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,176 Messages
    2,237 Likes Received
    I like Fisher's perspective more than that of the vast majority of the Dallas media members.
  7. pgreptom

pgreptom Well-Known Member

1,501 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    I agree. Plus his info is top notch. I've never seen Mike wrong.. on anything to do with leaks coming from Valley Ranch

How funny... we used the same words to describe the guy.
  8. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,531 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    You can say that again.
  9. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

2,157 Messages
    812 Likes Received
    even better
  10. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,522 Messages
    888 Likes Received
    This. I have met him a few times in person and he gladly takes pics with anyone who wants but he can be very pompous and arrogant at times. I never really cared for his writing style for the Mavs.
  11. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,490 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    I like Mike Fisher.

The irony in this thread is so good its better than gold -- its platinum.
    Wheeltax and CowboyMike like this.
  12. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,377 Messages
    499 Likes Received
    No, this thread is about Mike Fisher not Jeff Fisher, who would want to take pictures with Mike?
  13. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,315 Messages
    2,152 Likes Received
    Sorry, didn't mean to get up on my back legs about it.
  14. Blackspider214

2,522 Messages
    888 Likes Received
    You'd be surprised. I went to the Mavs Fan Jam back in February and many people walked up to him and wanted to take a pic. For what reason? Who knows.
  15. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,063 Messages
    5,399 Likes Received
    Yes, he is the best with Cowboys "insider" type info. He has better info than the Cowboys own media guys like Broaddus.

Fisher is very direct and can be abrasive, but he is very well informed. He calls out other reporters when they report BS.
    dcowboysfan76 likes this.
  16. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

11,171 Messages
    2,751 Likes Received
    Haha, no problem TD.
  17. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

11,171 Messages
    2,751 Likes Received
    Not trying to be a weener... but who would want to take a picture with Mike Fisher and why?
  18. Yuma Cactus

Yuma Cactus Active Member

707 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    I like Fish, except when I don't.
  19. Blackspider214

2,522 Messages
    888 Likes Received
    Ask all the people who came up to him. Just reporting what I saw at the Mavs fan Jam.