1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mike Fisher on the radio this morning

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Zordon, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,269 Messages
    1,182 Likes Received
    but that is where their experience helps them...Witten and Romo should be able to adapt to virtually anything....heck, Romo does that on each and every play seemingly...I think if you bring in a youngen to run the offense and Tony is involved, then everyone wins in that scenario...I think a new offense could hamper the young guys like Dez and TWill, but that is why you get a guy in early and get the players ready for camp...work the bugs out in June and July, and show it in the pre-season games...I thought that this was a possibility with the 12-package, but we never saw that on any type of consistent basis (a play here or there)...that, to me, reeks of stagnation by this coaching staff....I think Tony could flourish in the right system, but we don't currently employ that in Dallas
  2. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,515 Messages
    1,001 Likes Received
    So, is Norv on this team yet?
  3. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

13,702 Messages
    678 Likes Received
    WG clarified that McClay is on the pro side, not college, so he's not responsible for draft picks after all.
  4. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,120 Messages
    2,971 Likes Received
    No, he is involved in the draft. He is just not in charge of the draft.
    Boyzmamacita likes this.
  5. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

9,798 Messages
    462 Likes Received
    Kyle Orton is a 2nd string QB in this league because he has 83 TDs vs 59 INTs and a career 58.5% completion percentage. His issue is and has always been inconsistent accuracy, and it was on full display Sunday night..

Say what you want about Romo, but to claim that Kyle Orton would do better in a timing based passing system because he happens to throw over the top more like Troy than Romo does is a bit silly.
    SDCowboy85 and khiladi like this.
  6. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

1,865 Messages
    1,012 Likes Received
    That's what really gets my goat also.
    Who can respect that- if it's true?
    Does he even stand up when he uses the john?
    He should be a laughingstock in that locker-room.

That Jones could be so Micro-managerial, so tyrannical, so myopic that his HEAD COACH has to ask permission for things HE should be in charge of 100%...

Is unforgivable. Sadly though, it's entirely believable given his history and track record.

IF it's true. I had to bold that because some people like to ignore reading my entire posts before popping off.
    khiladi and BoysFan4ever like this.
  7. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,315 Messages
    1,620 Likes Received
    I thought the decision to give up duties was Garrett's, not demotion? I also thought that Romo was the one who was going to be more involved...
    Coy likes this.
  8. khiladi

11,315 Messages
    1,620 Likes Received
    That's the major issue... Garrett's throws everybody under the bus...
  9. khiladi

11,315 Messages
    1,620 Likes Received
    Yeah, because career high two years in a row for sacks for Romo when Garrett was calling the plays is something Jerry Jones shouldn't worry about.. Garrett was demoted cause he sucks.
  10. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,305 Messages
    654 Likes Received
    Garrett is turning out to be a very unscrupulous, ruthless, underhanded vato. I like that! :D Maybe he should run for President.
    sbark and khiladi like this.
  11. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

3,924 Messages
    507 Likes Received
    He learned from a master. We have a HC who is a "son figure" for the boss and now may be presented with his own "father figure" as an OC. Makes me feel tingly all over...
    khiladi likes this.
  12. khiladi

11,315 Messages
    1,620 Likes Received
    Also, Jerry didn't hire Norv, because he already hired Jason Garrett, whom he wanted as his HC and offensive mastermind. Wade was the stop gap solution to fix the defense while Garrett was still on his training wheels. Dallas invested a lot in defense and it was the reason of blame prior. Jerry was itching to pull the trigger on Wade from the beginning.

If Jerry hired Norv, the idea of JG calling plays and being the chosen one would be doomed.

I don't know why Norv would take a job in this organization after what they pulled. Norv made it a point to destroy the Cowboys when he played them as HC of the Chargers. His play calling made Garrett look like a clown.
    Aven8 likes this.
  13. khiladi

11,315 Messages
    1,620 Likes Received
    Jason Garrett had one year under Norv Turner, and that because his father got him over here as a third string QB from the Arena league. Seriously, what could A guy just start riding the pine when Norv was in his last year get from Norv or would Norv bother with him, such that Norv was a father figure. The connection to Norv seems to be nothing but over-hyped drama in regards to Ginger. I bet Turner doesn't give a rat's poop about him.

He spent more years under Zampese, who was done and the game passed him by. Garrett was more a part of the decline of the Cowboys than anything else. It was years where they were just trying to plug holes in their offense, not innovate in any way.
    tantrix1969, dreghorn2 and RW Hitman like this.
  14. khiladi

11,315 Messages
    1,620 Likes Received
    Btw, Norv is the guy that shows how influential a good coordinator is.. Schula was awful with the Cowboys. Jimmy let his coordinators do what they did best.
  15. RW Hitman

RW Hitman Well-Known Member

2,524 Messages
    48 Likes Received
    Not sure how many times,but I did in fact hear Orton audible a few times
  16. fifaguy

3,924 Messages
    507 Likes Received
    I remember most of us saying that around halfway through the season Garrett took over the playcalling based on how we were running (no pun intended) things
  17. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,305 Messages
    654 Likes Received
    My son thinks Jerry looks like a Sith Lord. Could Redball be his apprentice? :p o_O
    khiladi likes this.
  18. fifaguy

3,924 Messages
    507 Likes Received
    Tell your son about Coach Landry; the current mess is only temporary in the overall scheme of things...
  19. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

13,702 Messages
    678 Likes Received
    You know what's ironic? Everybody criticized Wade Phillips for saying everything was his fault and never blaming the players. Now everybody criticizes Garrett for placing blame on others. It's funny when you think about.
  20. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,505 Messages
    545 Likes Received

Understood. To each their own.