1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

Mike Miller going to Heat

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by CATCH17, Jul 9, 2010.

1. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

29,379 Messages
    3,409 Likes Received
  2. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

32,485 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    Can't wait to see how far Wade, Bosh, and MeBron's PPG totals drop. No way they stay at their current levels. The question is, will Wade's or Lebron's drop below 20? One of them probably will.

Then FIGHT ON!:laugh2:
  3. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,607 Messages
    1,512 Likes Received
    All three of them will have to alter how they play. I doubt they drop below 20 pts (Lebron and Wade), that's only 40 points combined. You think the other three players and the bench are going to put up the other 60 they'll need every night? I'd say one will be around 26 pts per game and the other will be around 22. Bosh chips in roughly another 18.

Mike Miller adds 10 - 12 pts and the roleplayers add the other 20 or so pts per night.
  4. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    wasn't Miller also on team USA with them?
  5. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,688 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    I thought they had a salary cap in the NBA :laugh2:
  6. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

7,412 Messages
    700 Likes Received
    he can shoot it.
  7. HoleInTheRoof

HoleInTheRoof Benched

3,265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I kind've like this, as I'm hoping the Heat will become some super power and prevent Kobe from winning another title.
  8. Sam I Am

32,485 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    On the US Olympic team, I believe Wade and Lebron averaged 18 and 17ppg respectively. For them to average over 20 a piece, there will have to be massive amount of ball hogging going on between them. They both averaged about 25+ppg without having another superstar on the team with them. Putting them together and adding Bosh. Their numbers are going to have to drop.

There won't be any scoring leader in Miami next year.
  9. HoleInTheRoof

HoleInTheRoof Benched

3,265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The competition they played in the Olympics was better than 75% of the NBA.

Also, the Olympic team had more 'star' players that the wealth was spread around.

If they averaged 2 and 3 points shy of 20 ppg, respectively, on that team, then they'll easily score over 20ppg each on the Heat.
  10. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

23,268 Messages
    2,194 Likes Received
    How many minutes played did they average in the olympics?
  11. Sam I Am

32,485 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    Not sure, I only know the ppg because they were discussing it on ESPN the other day when talking about them playing together. I'm sure it can be found on the net somewhere.
  12. joseephuss

23,268 Messages
    2,194 Likes Received
    It probably can.

They probably will play more minutes in Miami than they did for Team USA. Not a lot more, but more. I agree that there will be no league scoring leader in Miami, but I think both Wade and James will average over 20 ppg.

In 1997, the Houston Rockets had Hakeem Olajuwon(23.2 ppg), Charles Barkley(19.2 ppg) and Clyde Drexler(18 ppg) on the same team. As you can seen they all came close to the 20 ppg average. They also were all over the age of 33 at the time and playing in at least their 13th seasons. Different situation than James and Wade.
  13. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,634 Messages
    398 Likes Received
    Every wants to talk about ppg, what about the defense these 3 guys play? If they can find a center to who can help clog the middle they are going to be a really strong defensive team as well.
  14. casmith07

casmith07 Attorney-at-Zone

28,245 Messages
    3,635 Likes Received
    lol, no.
  15. joseephuss

23,268 Messages
    2,194 Likes Received
    I bet he was thinking of Michael Redd who is a good 3 point shooter.

The 2008 Team USA roster:
    Carmelo Anthony
    Carlos Boozer
    Chris Bosh
    Kobe Bryant
    Dwight Howard
    LeBron James
    Jason Kidd
    Chris Paul
    Tayshaun Prince
    Michael Redd
    Dwyane Wade
    Deron Williams
  16. kev8822

kev8822 Member

227 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    His agent said no deal is in place. Rumor is NY and Chicago are going to offer much more than Miami.
  17. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    There is but it's a soft cap. A team can exceed the cap but they have to pay a luxury tax. I think it's twice the amount they are over the cap.
  18. casmith07

casmith07 Attorney-at-Zone

28,245 Messages
    3,635 Likes Received
    Such a beastly team. But without Kobe Bryant, we win Silver against Spain.
  19. Bonecrusher#31

Bonecrusher#31 Active Member

1,826 Messages
    13 Likes Received

Hell yeah :D
  20. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,607 Messages
    1,512 Likes Received
    Lebron was the 2nd leading scorer last year and Wade was the 5th, so averaging low 20's in dropping.

I agree they'll have to change how they play but to assume suddenly one of them will be incapable of averaging above 20 is a bit of a stretch.

Even if all three average 20, that's still only 60 points. The Cav's averaged 102 pts last year and the Heat 96. So where are those other 40 or so pts going to come from if not from them?