1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mike Tomlin...fined 100k

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Keifer, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Keifer

Keifer Active Member

301 Messages
    225 Likes Received
    Does anyone believe Tomlin was just watching the jumbo tron on that return yesterday?
    I can see Schwartz or Carroll doing something like that but I'm pretty dissapointed that Mike Tomlin would stoop to that level, I have always respected the guy as a coach and thought he would be above doing something like that.
  2. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

3,495 Messages
    1,611 Likes Received
    I suspect Tomlin may get a hefty fine for that little manouvre he pulled last night.
  3. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

22,766 Messages
    1,906 Likes Received
    Just run into him. That would draw the flag that should have been thrown in the first place.
  4. theSHOW

theSHOW Benched

3,490 Messages
    1,146 Likes Received
    why was that not an automatic touchdown.
  5. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,870 Messages
    2,423 Likes Received
    I don't know if such a penalty exists. Periera said it would have been 15 yards.
  6. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,870 Messages
    2,423 Likes Received
    I think they should sit him for a game with 1/16th of his annual pay docked just as they would do for a suspended player.

I think this is one of those scenarios where the repercussions after the game are enough to deter people from even trying. Can you imagine what they would do to a player who ran off the sideline and tackled a guy on a breakaway? I wonder how far they'd go with punishing him. Tomlin didn't do that but he definitely altered Jones' path, which may have give the defender the angle necessary at the end to make the tackle.
  7. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

33,476 Messages
    9,414 Likes Received
    Whatever they do, I hope it's significant. It's ridiculous.

I'd be disgusted with the organization if the Cowboys ever pulled anything so classless.
  8. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Well-Known Member

4,912 Messages
    619 Likes Received
    Why wasn't he flagged during the game? The ref ran between him and the rest of the sideline.
    nalam and 65fastback2plus2 like this.
  9. Shunpike

Shunpike Well-Known Member

850 Messages
    263 Likes Received
    Pretty classless move by Tomlin. He was one of the coaches I respected. I am surprised the way he acted.
  10. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

5,383 Messages
    629 Likes Received
    What did Tomlin do
  11. nalam

nalam The realist

1,768 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    Exactly, Pittsburgh gets off those calls, why ? If that was Jason Garrett or Rod M , imagine?
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  12. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

33,476 Messages
    9,414 Likes Received
    Not too many decent youtube clips yet, better to find the whole video, but here's what everyone's talking about.

It was obvious from the wider angle just how much he got in the way on the return. It was significant.
  13. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

3,988 Messages
    645 Likes Received
    Ya he did it on purpose for sure. I didnt think he'd do something like that though. I liked tomlin. It was a touchdown saving stunt/tackle. Lol
  14. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

22,766 Messages
    1,906 Likes Received
    Even if it was not on purpose it should have been flagged. Bad officiating is plaguing the NFL.
  15. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

8,000 Messages
    929 Likes Received
    Total bush league which should result in a decent fine.
  16. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,999 Messages
    1,976 Likes Received
    I don't know about you guys, but I laughed my butt off when I seen this. The smile at the end just takes it over the top, pretty hilarious if you ask me. His smile was like, "Lol scrub, I caused you to get tackled AND I didn't even draw a penalty."
  17. nalam

nalam The realist

1,768 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    He shouldn't be even on the white area , but he was on the green turf. All when he is apparently looking at jumbotron.
  18. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Well-Known Member

4,912 Messages
    619 Likes Received
    If I were returning that ball I would have nailed Tomlin in the back. The ref would have to flag that or award the touchdown.
  19. CopenhagenCowboy

CopenhagenCowboy Active Member

954 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    I'm just glad to hear that people are losing respect for this Stealer scum. No one should respect a Stealer.
    CowboyMike and 65fastback2plus2 like this.
  20. Keifer

Keifer Active Member

301 Messages
    225 Likes Received
    Yeah I hear ya, I felt kinda dirty when I typed it.