1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mike Williams or Charles Rogers

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by daboys79, Aug 9, 2006.

1. daboys79

daboys79 Member

134 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    The 2 have fallen on the Lions depth chart to 4th & 5th string. Since Bill made a comment today about looking for another reciever, maybe we can try to swing a trade pick one of them up player. I wouldn't mind having either as a 3rd option.
  2. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,583 Messages
    527 Likes Received

Neither. One's a drug user and the other is fat and lazy.
  3. apickmans

apickmans New Member

797 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    you'd really want one of these guys especially after pass happy martz cant get anything out of them?
  4. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    And Rogers is represented by the Postons.
  5. EMMITTnROY

EMMITTnROY Well-Known Member

2,493 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    I wouldnt mind getting either of them as a 4th option, especially for a guy like Kenyon Coleman or Scott Shanle..

obviously, they each have talent.. maybe the Lions' coaches couldn't get it out of them.. it would be worth a shot.. we are gonna cut whoever we woulda traded to them anyways.. and Id rather take one of these guys than any other names that I have heard floating around here..
  6. TheHustler

TheHustler Active Member

5,391 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    BMW would be a nice 4th WR. Big target on a slant route for 10 yards.
  7. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,534 Messages
    1,799 Likes Received
    Yep, I think he has the ability to make the type of plays Keyshawn did...slants, comebacks, outs, etc. would be nice at #4 if we can get him for someone like shanle
  8. JIMMYBUFFETT

JIMMYBUFFETT Skinwalker

1,216 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    I'd be after Ron Curry in Oakland . He's showed some flashes and the Raiders are pretty loaded at WR . Plus they need help at MLB behind Danny Clark badly .
  9. Vertigo_17

Vertigo_17 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    rogers is also injury prone.

no thanks
  10. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,599 Messages
    1,015 Likes Received
    yeah, but he'd never get to where Drew was throwing the ball b/c he is so fat and slow
  11. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,821 Messages
    1,678 Likes Received
    BP really, really REALLY hates fat and lazy types- so Mike Williams is out. Rogers is a druggie so JJ and BP BOTH will want nothing to do with him.
    The raider thing- that is possible. JJ and Dead Al are pretty close.
    We have lots of LB's and need a vet WR. Da raidahs have lots of WR's and lack LB's. Just might get something done there.
  12. Screw The Hall

Screw The Hall Well-Known Member

2,134 Messages
    162 Likes Received

He's coming off two season ending achilles injuries in two years. I doubt he's ever going to be the same.
  13. Qwickdraw

Qwickdraw Benched

5,451 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Lions aren't trading away last year's first round pick.

You can go ahead and expect that if we get a WR, it will be someone equal to the experience and talent level of Peerless Price.
  14. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    i dont want any trade with the Raiders, every time we have traded with them, al davis would rob jerry jones,

now, i am more so like the ideal of getting mike willliams from detroit, he is bigger faster version of michael irwin. Sure, he was fat and out of shape, but he might be able to get new lease on life in Dallas, being americas team, etc, and if anyone can motivate Mike Williams it would be Parcellls
  15. RealCowboyfan

RealCowboyfan Championship

4,587 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'll take Mike Williams from this choice.:starspin
  16. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,724 Messages
    902 Likes Received
    The 4th WR on your team has to play special teams, and neither of these two bums have that ability.
  17. koolaid

koolaid Drink Me

1,766 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    i cant understand how anyone could want either of these recievers. Both have major attitude problems and both are BUSTS. Mike Williams does not have near the attitude or work ethic to be anything like keyshawn was for us, he just doesnt care. Rogers is a notorious drug use who also happens to be injury prone.

im sure people are going to say, "how can you want TO on the team and not also support these guys?!". The fact is, players want to win, or they dont care. Owens wants to win, these bums waste their talent and dont care
  18. Hiero

Hiero New Member

3,075 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wouldnt mind getting Mike Williams and have him stashed away for a year and maybe get a little bit of time here and there. A year under Parcells and with TO maybe he can get into shape.
  19. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,583 Messages
    527 Likes Received

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
  20. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,686 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    I would like to get Mike Williams... Before I get crucified, just bear with me, I think he's still got a chance to be a player.

He was thrown into a mess of a situation. IMO, there couldn't have been a worse place for him to be drafted. You have two young first round WRs already on the team. When you get drafted there and it looks like you're going to get no PT, that has to be a major downer for a Top 10 pick.

There's no denying he's a major talent when he's motivated. The trick is getting him in a good situation. I think being here (doubtful it would happen, but as a hypo) would be good for him, he would learn under two vets, and a HOF coach. If you can't get motivated in that situation, you're lost. That said, I don't think DET would trade him, because he's only got one year under his belt.