1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mike Zimmer: Dez Bryant reminds me of Michael Irvin

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Gryphon, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Posted by Josh Alper on December 6, 2012, 9:43 AM EST

Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant has been on quite a roll lately.

He has 29 catches for 475 yards and six touchdowns in his last four games, three of which have been Cowboys wins that have kept them in striking distance of the Giants in the NFC East. It’s the kind of consistently strong performance that the Cowboys have been hoping to see since Bryant joined the team and it has the guy charged with coming up with a plan to stop him this weekend thinking about another Cowboys wide receiver who made in impact in the No. 88 jersey.

“He really reminds me in a lot of ways of Michael Irvin. The way he can go get the football, his acceleration, his run after catch, his strength, you know Michael was great. He used to push guys off. Dez seems like he has great strength when running routes in press,” Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer said in an interview on KESN, via the Dallas Morning News. “He’s made some unbelievable catches on back shoulder fades that (Tony) Romo has thrown to him. In the Redskins game, he caught that ball and ran about 65 yards. He turned on the jets on that one. I think he’s a tremendous football player. They have a lot of talent there.”

LINK TO REST OF ARTICLE: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/06/mike-zimmer-dez-bryant-reminds-me-of-michael-irvin/
  2. lane

lane The Chairman

11,053 Messages
    908 Likes Received
    dez keeps playing like he has the past few weeks... we just might do something.

a player like dez does not need complicated routes to decipher.

just throw the man the damn ball and let him do his thing.
  3. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,141 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    #88 is putting up serious numbers....
  4. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Cowboys executive VP Stephen Jones likes the core of the organization and believes the team has a bright future regardless of whether they make the playoffs this year.Despite speculation that owner/GM Jerry Jones will be reluctant to lock up Dez Bryant long-term, Stephen identified the breakout wide receiver as a core offensive player. Bryant's recent stretch of sterling play has apparently offset concerns about his immaturity, off-field concerns, and on-field mistakes. Jones also reiterated his confidence in Tony Romo as the QB of the future who will lead the team to a title one day.

Dec 7 - 10:38 AM
    Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram
  5. lqmac1

lqmac1 Well-Known Member

1,301 Messages
    444 Likes Received
    Collinsworth (sp) said if he were Romo he would throw 2-3 deep balls to Dez no matter who or how many were covering him.