1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Miles Austin officially released

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,252 Messages
    5,504 Likes Received
    So--that would be a no for the Ring of Honor?
  2. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    No, In Jerry's world, that game against KC probably assured him a spot in the RoH.
  3. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,229 Messages
    7,059 Likes Received
    Also for clarity...

4. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,616 Messages
    493 Likes Received
    Miles Austin - holding it down since 2010.
    [IMG]
    fanfromvirginia likes this.
  5. bsheeern

bsheeern Well-Known Member

1,760 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    Well I know without a doubt 1000% that When you designate someone as a June 1 cut the player and his current contract remain officially on the books until June 1.

That is my point. As you can see people, rightfully so, can be very confused about this type of cut. As it stands for our team he officially is still on the books. So none of this savings can be used. So as the Cowboys stand none of this money will officially be taken off of the books nor is it allowed to be used until June 1.
  6. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

2,040 Messages
    1,174 Likes Received
    So, the # 1 and # 2 guys that I wanted gone....are gone or about to be gone. ( 94, 19).

I was done with # 19 after that Baltimore game where they were running a hurry up and he decided to take a leisurely stroll back to the huddle. Some guys are just not winning players, and this guy is one of them, IMO.
  7. bsheeern

1,760 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    And saves bonus money that would be due if he was just cut on June 1 versus designated as a June 1 cut. The rule gives the team the ability to avoid paying the player a bloated salary while also avoiding more cap problems. But by no means is it going to be a way to spend more money in the early stages of free agency and it does nothing to improve a teams cap position in March.
  8. bsheeern

1,760 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    Yeah but the only thing that is official is that he is not on the team. None of these savings from this type of maneuver can be used until June 1. That's why i said the Cowboys cannot use this money officially until June 1. they can talk to players they can talk to draftees about contracts but they can't officially sign anyone with the savings until June 1
  9. WoodysGirl

67,229 Messages
    7,059 Likes Received
    Tomato, tomahto.. lol

We're talking about two different things, but have made the same point. I was talking roster spot. You're talking about the cap savings.

Roster spot gone = official

Official Cap savings = after June 1
  10. bsheeern

1,760 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    Yes it does. it makes a huge difference. If they waited until June 1 to cut him they would have to pay him all kinds of bonuses. By designating him as a June 1 cut it allows the team to remove player bonuses that would be due if he was on the roster June 1.

I really think you're getting confused between the designated June 1 cut and an actual June 1 cut
  11. WoodysGirl

67,229 Messages
    7,059 Likes Received
    No, I'm not. You're just addressing a point that I've never made or even concerned myself with.
  12. bsheeern

1,760 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    Well the move wasn't made for a roster spot. The rule wasn't created for a roster spot. The whole point of the move & rule is money. Which officially cannot be used until June 1.
  13. WoodysGirl

67,229 Messages
    7,059 Likes Received
    Not that I never understood that point, but I'm gonna concede this discussion to you.
    bsheeern likes this.
  14. bsheeern

1,760 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    I'm not trying to step on your toes but I think you originally addressed my point said I was incorrect. And that point was that him being at Valley Ranch meant nothing because he has been designated as a June 1 cut. And furthermore that officially means nothing financially for this team until June 1. And this move was made 1000% based on financial reasons.
    WoodysGirl likes this.
  15. bsheeern

1,760 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    I guess I mis read this then. My apologies
    WoodysGirl likes this.
  16. bsheeern

1,760 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    Okay then where's my trophy? Or some type of t shirt would be nice.
    WoodysGirl likes this.
  17. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,353 Messages
    709 Likes Received
    Thanks for that.
    WoodysGirl likes this.
  18. CosmicCowboy

CosmicCowboy Member

957 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    trick hamstrings....LMAF......
  19. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,560 Likes Received
    Austin is holding it for you at the airport.
    WoodysGirl likes this.
  20. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

13,398 Messages
    863 Likes Received
    Don't let the door hurt you as you leaf.