1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Military votes being tossed, Again!

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Cajuncowboy, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Military Votes Being Tossed Again
    By Bob Parks Saturday, October 25, 2008

"We support the troops” except when they vote Republican. That would appear to be the pattern again this presidential election, last perfected in 2000, and resurrected in 2008….

Fairfax County Registrar Rokey Suleman is disqualifying an overwhelming majority of the military federal write-in absentee ballots received in his county on the basis that no address had been given for those witnessing the voter signatures on the ballots. According to Springfield District Supervisor Pat Herrity and four former members of the military who held a press conference on Thursday, over 98 percent of these military absentee ballots in Fairfax County are being rejected.

“The federal write-in absentee ballot is a federally mandated ballot that allows military service members and their dependents to cast an absentee ballot when they haven’t received a [state] ballot before the election,” Herrity said. “For them it’s a safety net. It allows them to vote if the mail truck hasn’t reached his or her remote base in Iran or Afghanistan in time to cast a regular absentee ballot.”

When asked how many ballots had been rejected, Herrity responded, “Out of the 260 military federal write-in ballots received to date, only five included an address for the witness. The other 255 have been set aside for rejection.”

So here’s how it stands today: we can toss out almost all of the votes submitted by those overseas fighting for our right to do so, while others do everything to protect groups who submit fraudulent voter registrations and votes.

Our priorities need work.

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/5800
  2. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    what a joke.....
  3. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,247 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    I think it sucks they are not counting them however until they make an amendment to the rule, they are just following the rules.

I do think they should make an amendment but again, until they do, they are just following the rules.
  4. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,841 Messages
    1,686 Likes Received
    There is a lot of emphasis over here about voting. Sad to see that the people the troops are protecting seem quite willing to deny their votes. So where is the Obama outrage? Where are all the libs screaming about this?
    Of course the fact that the military usually votes 70%+ republican probably has something to do with it.
  5. burmafrd

41,841 Messages
    1,686 Likes Received
    Hey brain if this is true they would be doing it all over the country. Sounds to me like discrimination.

Oh forgot

You cannot discriminate against conservatives or the military/at least according to the libs anyway
  6. JRid21

JRid21 Member

458 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I think they are trying to fix it
    I saw a guy on CNN and FOX talking about trying to get it fixed real soon
  7. burmafrd

41,841 Messages
    1,686 Likes Received
    Interesting how this comes out so close to the election. They have been getting these ballots for weeks. But nothing until now?
  8. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    But the 600,000 Acorn fraudulent registrations don't have to be tossed in Ohio.

And that's against the rules as well.

Seems to be a bit of hypocrisy to me. (Not you BP, in general)
  9. BrAinPaiNt

61,247 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    Quit being silly. I have been for the troops because I was one of the troops so get off your goofy high horse with your normal crap. I have been more for the troops than you will ever be so don't hand me that crap.

If you want to rip on someone, rip on the commanders of the troops units for not reading the rules and offering to sign as witnesses for their troops.

Man you get my goat when you pull that support the troop crap with me...let me tell you something son, I doubt you have ever been in the field and treated soldiers, I doubt you ever had to suck a quart of blood out of a dying soldiers chest cavity in hopes of saving his life knowing it would not, I bet you have never had to cauterize a wound while others have had to hold a soldier down while he is screaming in pain so lay off that crap because you have no clue.
  10. BrAinPaiNt

61,247 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    I thought a great deal of the fraud registrations have been flagged and tossed furthermore there is a difference between registering and actual votes.

Look I think it is wrong for the military guys. I think they need to make an amendment and it would seem they should have done so long ago if it was a problem before.

But we also have to look at those troops leaders for not reading up on this or those that should have sent literature to the troops commanders to make sure they have a witness sign for them.

Don't like it one bit, but it seems at this point they are only following the set rules.
  11. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I didn't read it as he was attacking you directly but making the point of discrimination in general.

But maybe I should let him state his case.
  12. BrAinPaiNt

61,247 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    Good...but truth is if they had this trouble before, they should have fixed it at that time.

They also need to get literature to the troops commanders and the commanders (whether it be battalion, company, platoon or squad levels) need to set aside some time to give these troops the chance to vote and for the leaders to sign off on them as witnesses.
  13. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    No they weren't tossed. They were not even mandated to be turned over to the election board so they can compare them. The courts ruled against it for fear of disenfranchising voters. Where there is registration fraud, there would more thn likely be voter fraud. Otherwise, what's the point?

If you are going to have rules then have them for everybody, not just the ones who vote republican.
  14. BrAinPaiNt

61,247 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    This guy has questioned me before in this type of manner and frankly I am sick of it. This guy is the last guy that needs to question my support for the troops while he is over there making more money than the troops.

Don't ever question me when it comes to supporting the troops or you will get an ear full and get my blood racing.
  15. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I would have a problem if he did that. And he shouldn't. We all know who served and that service should not be questioned. I wouldn't doubt your support for the troops and I think anyone who did doesn't know you.

BTW, if anyone wants to get your blood boiling they should just post this...

[IMG]
  16. JRid21

JRid21 Member

458 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I think it was a Republican congressman on t.v. talking about it, not sure wasn't paying much attention at the time. I heard Pelosi's name mentioned in it as well and something negative she had said. I'll try to find an article or the video itself if I can.
  17. NinePointOh

NinePointOh Well-Known Member

1,541 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Um, to make money and remain employed? These were employees who were paid per registration, and who had been told ACORN would shut down their office if their numbers didn't improve. Those canvassers actually bilked ACORN out of at least tens of thousands of dollars in compensation.
  18. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Oh wait...ACORN is the victim...

:lmao2: :lmao:

Oh you guys are funny. ACORN didn't care to do their job correctly. They only cared to get the fraudulent registrations.

It was THEIR job to oversee that.

And since it receives government money, it was the tax payers who got bilked.

Get it right.
  19. NinePointOh

NinePointOh Well-Known Member

1,541 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    If that's how you interpret the situation, so be it. Your words, not mine. I said they were bilked by their employees, and they were. They ought to have caught it themselves, but that doesn't mean the organization itself orchestrated some vast conspiracy to steal the election.

I agree.

ACORN is a conglomeration of several distinct parts, including local non-profits.
  20. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,303 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Intent doesn't matter. They did it, it was illegal, ACORN should be shut down and the people involved should go to jail.