1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Milliner Fluker and Lacy all declare

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Jan 11, 2013.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,697 Messages
    1,501 Likes Received
    TUSCALOOSA | University of Alabama juniors Eddie Lacy, D.J. Fluker and Dee Milliner will enter the NFL draft early.

Lacy and Milliner attended Alabama's press conference for the announcement, although Fluker was unable to attend and UA coach Nick Saban announced Fluker would enter the draft as well. Tidesports.com reported Fluker would turn pro early on Jan. 9.

Saban said he is supportive of each decision.

Milliner projects as a top 10 draft choice, by far the highest of the three, by nfldraftscout.com. Fluker is projected as late-first or early-second round pick, while Lacy said he has been projected as a second- or third-round draft choice. Lacy helped his draft standing with a 140-yard performance in the BCS National Championship Game against Notre Dame Monday, according to ESPN NFL draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr.

http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1458881
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,697 Messages
    1,501 Likes Received
    Andrew Gribble ‏@Andrew_Gribble
    Scary thought: Lacy said he was at 100 percent health for one game this season: the BCS National Championship
    Retweeted by Eric Hansen
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
  3. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,056 Messages
    2,297 Likes Received
    I'd love to have Fluker. I think he's going to be a good Right Tackle.
  4. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,100 Messages
    677 Likes Received
    So why is no one talking about Fluker as a guard option? I mean the guy is a freaking giant at 6'6 335. He has struggled with speed rushers in college and that will surely continue in the NFL. Not that I think he will be a bad RT, but a big strong guy on the inside could be a road grader in the running game and an immovable force in the inside pocket. Reminds me of Brandon Brooks from last year a little bit to be honest.
  5. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Like Leonard Davis?
  6. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,100 Messages
    677 Likes Received
    Kelechi Osemele has made the switch nicely for the Ravens this year as well. I just think a giant man like Fluker will always fair better on the interior of the line. He may be an above average RT in the NFL, but I think he could a very good guard in the NFL.
  7. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,297 Messages
    1,248 Likes Received
    He's got awful feet but the dude is huge. 6'6" is pretty tall for a guard in my opinion. Especially one that isn't a natural bender.
  8. KDM256

KDM256 Active Member

405 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    I've seen Fluker during his college career and can say he would be a great RT inthe NFL... Emotional Leader on that Alabama Offensive Line, which stands out as a positive to me..

I would love to have Fluker to go long with Smith for our "Bookend tackles"
  9. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,852 Messages
    743 Likes Received
    I would not mind at all if the Cowboys drafted all three:

1st round Milliner
    2nd round Fluker
    3rd round Lacy

Even if the Cowboys had to use their 4th, 5th, and 6th round picks to move up to get the above three.
  10. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,808 Messages
    5,961 Likes Received
    Osemele is playing RT for the Ravens.
  11. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,808 Messages
    5,961 Likes Received
    I don't think Fluker can play OT in the NFL. He will have to lose a significant amount of weight for it to be a consideration. His quickness is sub-par at OT in the NFL.
  12. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,100 Messages
    677 Likes Received
    Well he was more forced there due to injuries/Bryant McKinnie having an eating problem. He played OG in camp, preseason, and this past week in the playoffs when everybody was healthy