1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mingo and Montgomery from LSU

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by dwight, Sep 22, 2012.

1. dwight

dwight Well-Known Member

1,061 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    I'm looking at the LSU vs Auburn game and I'm impressed with Mingo and Montgomery.

However, I would draft Montgomery. The reason is that he seems to be more athletic and has better awareness than Mingo.

Montgomery reminds me of Ware.
  2. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Check out Damonte Moore #94 with Tx. A&M. He really reminds me of Ware, at least the 2 or 3 times I've seen him this year.
  3. MoClaiborne24

MoClaiborne24 Member

456 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I was thinking the same thing, they look like good prospects with Montgomery slightly above Mingo. But at any rate, they look pretty darn good.
  4. MoClaiborne24

MoClaiborne24 Member

456 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He was flying all over the field when they played Florida. He really looks like Ware, especially his body type.
  5. dwight

dwight Well-Known Member

1,061 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    It's something special about Montgomery. Certain draft web sites have Mingo as the top DE, but I prefer Montgomery.

Montgomery would add another pass rusher to Dallas and he would help Ware out alot.
  6. dwight

dwight Well-Known Member

1,061 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    I will check him out. Thx.
  7. MoClaiborne24

MoClaiborne24 Member

456 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Texas A&M actually has another pass rusher that is supposed to be better than Moore. Can't remember his name though.

edit: He's a OLB, name's Sean Porter. Don't know much about him.
  8. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,303 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    Both are good prospects but are raw for a 3-4 OLB. Its hard enough to transition right away. My fav is Jarvis Jones, he can be a day one starting SOLB with impact. Much like a Von Miller.

Mingo has better pass rushing skills but Montgomery I think looks like the better overall player.
  9. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,397 Messages
    1,264 Likes Received
    I'll put it to you this way, I'd be shocked if there weren't people at VR who felt just like you do. Ware on the wrong side of 30 and Spencer a short timer IMO. Gonna need an impact guy there very soon.