1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Minicamp Practice Tweets - 06/12/13

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,700 Messages
    679 Likes Received
    And I'm sure if you were in the room with them, this is exactly what you'd tell them. :rolleyes:
  2. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,182 Messages
    5,735 Likes Received
    Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 1h DeVonte Holloman finds a pick in the end zone. Stephens wanted Beasley. Underthrow to corner. Tarleton State qb had a rough session.
    Mo getting an education from Dez. Slants, sidelines, fades. Covered, not covered, catching all. Even got a DPI.
    Ben Bass going to show up on tape, too. Well, Jerry and Stephen kept saying they like the d-line. .... right. helmets and shorts.

Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins 1h
    We've seen dropped passes from Murray and Harris today. Kyle orton almost had another pass tipped.
    Monte Kiffin throws his hat to the ground after PI called on Mo Claiborne.
    Dez Bryant with an amazing two-hand grab along the sidelines. Defense upset.
    DeMarco Murray runs into the backside of David Arkin as Ben bass gets a strong push. Reminded beat writers of butt fumble and the jets.
    JJ Wilcox with 2 PBUs today.

Brad Sham ‏@Boys_Vox 1h
    Don't want to overreact but I really think this Witten has a chance.

Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 1h
    Cole Beasley working in the slot with the Cowboys' first team offense.
    Dez Bryant pumped up during current team drill. 3 consecutive throws to No. 88. Don't be surprised when you see the same thing during games.

Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 59m
    Dez just made two ridiculous catches against Claiborne
    Not a good moment for david Arkin who got knocked back into Murray by Ben bass on a goal line run. Arkin knocked down Murray.

Todd Archer ‏@toddarcher 57m
    Ben Bass is having a great day. Nobody can't block him
    Practice is over. Ends on a James Hanna drop
  3. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,589 Messages
    650 Likes Received
    Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt Practice just finished at Valley Ranch. Dez caught everything. Should be very good fantasy player. Morris Claiborne struggled covering Dez. Claiborne is a very good player. Dez was just that much better. #Cowboys
  4. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,219 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    Is Bass unblockable or can our OL not block??
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,629 Messages
    6,393 Likes Received
    Bass was a guy I liked over Price this year. I think he's got a shot to be a contributor for us.

That said, no pads, no big deal, yet.
  6. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,692 Messages
    1,121 Likes Received
    I liked Bass from last year. I think he makes the team with Lissemore as the backup DTs.
  7. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,473 Messages
    939 Likes Received
    if he runs his routes properly, he had to be doubled
  8. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,423 Messages
    1,297 Likes Received
    Hard core. I like it.
  9. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,655 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    for being the 6th overall draft pick, and supposedly the best corner since Deion...i don't often hear Mo doing anything "special".

Dez is a beast, this is already well known.
  10. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,838 Messages
    804 Likes Received
    I know it's just a minicamp, but this is my feeling as well.

I think we've got a good player, but we drafted him to be great. Hope he shows some of that this year.
  11. speedkilz88

20,692 Messages
    1,121 Likes Received
    I remember in the earlier OTAs that Broaddus had written that Claiborne and Scandrick were two of the most impressive (making plays) of those workouts.
  12. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,655 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    he got owned all practice against dez? he's a solid CB right now, but isn't showing phenom flashes that most great players show early on.

i think he'll be a good player, but I just don't see the athleticism or
    "field" speed needed to be an elite CB
  13. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

3,617 Messages
    381 Likes Received
    I've got no reason to be in the room with them, but if I was the coach that's how it would be done. Austin would not sit out a whole practice if he is healthy, no one would. Nobody on this team has earned an easy ride and I can't understand fans who think being soft on the players will get the team anywhere.
  14. AbeBeta

25,473 Messages
    939 Likes Received
    No -- he got owned on three plays. The report clearly mentions a pass break up as well.

Unless there only four reps in a practice, we don't really have any real information here.
  15. speedkilz88

20,692 Messages
    1,121 Likes Received
    CBs aren't even allowed to jam the wrs in OTAs. It's against the cba rules.
  16. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,918 Messages
    5,325 Likes Received
    Amen. All around as fans and an organization we've gotten too soft.
  17. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,036 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    I wonder if the 'overwork them til they drop!' brigade contains the same crew that also chimes in with 'no excuses!' when two or three players at the same position go down with injuries or suffer long term ailments?

The Cowboys are now getting some valuable time in for players they need to develop or check out. Guys whose time will be in shorter supply once camp starts.
  18. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

37,718 Messages
    3,931 Likes Received
    If the trainers etc pull the player then they likely have a good reason. They work very closely with the coaches as well. Most players aren't happy when you pull them off the field even practices.
  19. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

38,883 Messages
    1,637 Likes Received
    But isn't it a no contact drill. It's hard to get over on a receiver when he has no pads on, and you can just go. Trust me, I know.

Having said that, Dez is a phenom.
  20. AbeBeta

25,473 Messages
    939 Likes Received
    and Broaduss is talking about how it was a good battle all day. He actually knows what to look at.