1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Minn. Republican Norm Coleman dodges egg with 'Bush move'

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Apr 17, 2009.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,079 Messages
    5,593 Likes Received
    Coleman dodges egg with 'Bush move'

Andy Barr – Fri Apr 17, 5:20 pm ET
    Republican Norm Coleman used a quick George Bush-esque move to dodge an egg thrown at him outside his Minnesota home.

Coleman told police that he heard a thumping on his door Tuesday night and walked outside to investigate. Upon seeing Coleman, a man yelled “I [expletive] can't stand what you represent” and threw an egg at him.

“He said something, some little obscenity, and then he threw another one,” Coleman told the St. Paul Pioneer Press. “I kind of ducked. A George Bush move.”

“I ran after him, but I didn't get him.”

Coleman remains locked in a legal fight with Democrat Al Franken for Minnesota’s vacant Senate seat. A three-judge panel declared Franken the winner earlier this week, but Coleman has vowed to appeal.

Video - http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=4226712&cl=13031278&src=news

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/21380
  2. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I vividly remember the right screaming that Gore should give it up, and admit that Dubya had won, back in 2000-- just days after the election...

One wonders when these champions of democracy will start calling for Coleman to FINALLY admit that Franken beat his butt... their current silence is quite hypocritical, in the face of their criticisms of Gore back then... Coleman is basically just engaged in a delaying process, aimed at keeping Franken from claiming the seat he fairly won, thus he's engaged in an attempt to deny the voters their choice...

That's quite un-American, IMO...

Even so, that egg-thrower must be a card-carrying idiot...
  3. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Well, first of all, Gore had lost by all recounts. So in the end we were proven right.

With respect to Coleman and that joke he ran against, if they are going to have a recount, they should have a full recount. Not just hand pick the ones they want to recount.
  4. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There have been numerous recounts, the courts have ruled... he lost, get over it... "that joke" beat him, and it makes me smile knowing how that must piss you off...
  5. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Yep, it pisses me off that there are that many stupid people. But we saw that when the majority voted for Obummer.
  6. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Now you know how I felt when we re-elected Dubya... welcome to the club...
  7. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They really didn't have any other options:laugh2: