1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Miss. State eyes breakthrough vs. LSU

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by Doomsday101, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,824 Messages
    1,475 Likes Received
    STARKVILLE, Miss. (AP) Mississippi State hasn't been able to beat anyone in its division other than Ole Miss since Dan Mullen arrived.

With No. 3 LSU in Starkville Thursday night, now would be a good time to start.

For all the good the third-year coach has done since his arrival, Mississippi State is just 2-9 against Southeastern Conference Western Division foes - with both wins against their in-state rival. The Bulldogs are winless against Arkansas, Auburn, Alabama and LSU.

But No. 25 Mississippi State could take a huge step toward becoming a serious SEC contender with a win against the Tigers.

It won't be easy. LSU has won 11 games in a row against Mississippi State dating back to 1999.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/09/14/lsu.missstate.ap/index.html#ixzz1Y2ABPwQl
  2. Doomsday101

74,824 Messages
    1,475 Likes Received
    This should be a pretty good game. Miss St looks to have a pretty good team this year
  3. hookemhorns72

hookemhorns72 Member

323 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I'd LOVE to see MS State turn things around tonight. I think they are not mentally tough enough team.
  4. Doomsday101

74,824 Messages
    1,475 Likes Received
    I would some what agree with that. A win would go a long way in Miss St mental toughness and confidence.
  5. hookemhorns72

hookemhorns72 Member

323 Messages
    0 Likes Received

They could fix a lot of wrongs with a big win. I felt they should've won in Auburn last week. They went in as favorites. Good teams are defined by winning the games that you are favored in and sneaking in a couple of wins that nobody expects. Wins won't come easy for them playing in the vulture conference...ummm I mean the sec.
  6. MC KAos

MC KAos Well-Known Member

7,455 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    i have LSU -3 so i hope they grow up some other day
  7. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Geaux Tigers
  8. Doomsday101

74,824 Messages
    1,475 Likes Received
    LSU fans can't spell. How the heck you get A Bear out of Hebert still puzzle me. :laugh1:

By the way half my family is canjun so I do have a right to poke fun. :laugh1:
  9. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Not just Hey Bear but T. Bob Hey Bear :laugh1:
  10. hookemhorns72

hookemhorns72 Member

323 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Did the coaching for MS State look like a high school staff? WOW, I couldn't believe some of the play calling! They miss Manny Diaz! :D
  11. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,399 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    that CB #17 for LSU looks to be real good...will he be draft eligible
  12. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,875 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    It's funny that all the Heberts I knew that grew up in Texas were "He-Berts" and all of the ones in Louisiana were "A-Bears".