1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Missing Jet Update: Plane crashed in Southern Indian Ocean

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Achilleslastand, Mar 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanteEXT

DanteEXT Well-Known Member

1,732 Messages
    138 Likes Received
    Maybe they sold it to a chop shop
  2. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,083 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    I know it is cute and all to think the plane was taken but no way it stays hidden that long.

There is much likelihood in that scenario occurring as my theory which is that it is now on the planet Xenon in the Andromeda Galaxy after it was abducted by lizard people called Xenonians.
  3. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,509 Messages
    902 Likes Received
    Everyone is talking about the plane, ... I can't imagine what the families of the passengers are going through.
  4. CanadianCowboysFan

15,083 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    I suspect most have come to the realization, as hard as that might be for them, that they will not be seeing their relatives again because they are dead.
  5. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,381 Messages
    1,376 Likes Received
    Whatever happened, it seems clear that the plan was to get it somewhere for future use. Doesn't look like a pilot suicide or they wouldn't have flown over the ocean to down it on purpose 7 hours later. It is probably under the ocean somewhere......
  6. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,509 Messages
    902 Likes Received
    Or until they find out otherwise, they may be holding out hope that their loved one is still alive, .. like any red-blooded American would.

Oh wait, never mind. LOL
  7. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,315 Messages
    697 Likes Received
    I don't think it would be that difficult to hide a plane once it is on the ground.
  8. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

3,298 Messages
    603 Likes Received
    The big clue are the pings - the plane stopped pinging in the middle of the ocean. If they were clever enough to turn off the pinging they would have done it sooner. They ran out of fuel.
  9. CanadianCowboysFan

15,083 Messages
    266 Likes Received

the point is, you cannot land planes without someone seeing it, these aren't stealth fighters that cannot be seen, it is a jumbo jet.

I know the hijacked plane theory is a cute one, adds to the fear some have of bogeymen terrorists being at every street corner, but in reality, while possible, that theory is highly unlikely. Even more unlikely is that it will be able to get up in the air and fly somewhere important while not being seen and do major damage.

That is just fear based thinking.
  10. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,386 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    Well to be honest it could have landed near Kazakhstan which has a large desert, it could have landed somewhere with no civilization.
  11. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,257 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    Pure craziness! Next you are going to tell me, they could turn the lights on the outside of the plane off, or flown under radar detection.
  12. CanadianCowboysFan

15,083 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    planes just do not disappear like that, fly for hours on end and land without being seen.

as I stated though, even less likely is that it will get back up in the air unseen and slam into something without being seen
  13. CashMan

1,257 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    Nor do they just end up in large skyscapers in NY, until it happens.
  14. CashMan

1,257 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    You really have no idea, what the 3rd world is like, until you visit it. Anything can happen, and you see how pissed China is about this. Something will change in aviation, I guarantee it.
  15. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,315 Messages
    697 Likes Received
    Apparently Courtney Love has found the plane and has posted its whereabouts on Facebook.
  16. CanadianCowboysFan

15,083 Messages
    266 Likes Received

a once in a lifetime occurrence, the chances of that happening are so infestimisimal, it is not worth worrying about
  17. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,548 Messages
    3,396 Likes Received
  18. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,548 Messages
    3,396 Likes Received
  19. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,381 Messages
    1,376 Likes Received