1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

MJ vs Elvis Who will be remember as the biggest icon?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Avaj, Jun 27, 2009.

1. VietCowboy

VietCowboy Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.

2,915 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    That's where we differ. I didn't really watch movies growing up. I would spend hours every day at the public library (no cable or internet at home, and I'm an only child) just reading, and reading, and reading. I love reading. can't say the same about a movie. I fall asleep through most of them.
  2. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,421 Messages
    1,474 Likes Received
    The thread is yours.

On this note I will finally shut the hell up.
  3. ethiostar

ethiostar Well-Known Member

6,300 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Mj was a better tipper than Elvis.:cool:
  4. Avaj

Avaj Peace Be Still

1,700 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Learn something new everyday
  5. ethiostar

6,300 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    You started all this you know.:laugh1:
  6. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,387 Messages
    167 Likes Received
    Hostile is the Icon of this thread.
  7. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

14,963 Messages
    217 Likes Received
    Drew Henson holding the ball backwards thread>Waiter thread > MJ/Elvis thread.
  8. Aikbach

Aikbach Active Member

9,611 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    Justin Timberlake, hands down.:p::D
  9. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I knew this guy was a loser.

Doc has six kids by five mothers

Michael Jackson’s controversial personal doctor has fathered six kids by five different women, it was claimed yesterday.

Dr Conrad Murray, 51 — quizzed by LA investigators about Jacko’s death — has also failed to pay child support.

One mom — nurse Nenita Malibiran — took him to court in 1998 for child maintenance.

Her lawyer Julie Brown yesterday said: “We went through all the different children that Murray had — and who all the mothers were.

“The father was not paying support. Ms Malibiran had to go to the district attorney’s child support division to get a collection against him.”

Dr Murray filed for bankruptcy in 1992 and also owes hundreds of thousands of dollars in debts. He has been hit with nine lawsuits in three years for unpaid bills.

Last month office-leasing company Rogers Northwest filed a suit for $201,898 against Murray and Acres Home Heart and Vascular Institute — the practice he runs in Houston, Texas, with his sister — for unpaid rent, according to court records.

Los Angeles police quizzed Dr Murray for three hours as a witness on Saturday. He is suspected of giving the star a shot of Demerol before he collapsed.
  10. Avaj

Avaj Peace Be Still

1,700 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I hope this isn't true
    http://perezhilton.com/2009-06-30-fans-of-jackson-stricken-with-grief-commit-suicide

The president of one of Michael Jackson's fan clubs has revealed that at least 12 people have committed suicide because of the King of Pop's passing. Or so he claims.

Gary Taylor, the owner of MJJcommunity.com, believes 12 fans of Jackson have made the decision to take their own lives after hearing the devastating news.

"I know there has been an increase, I now believe the figure is 12," said Taylor on Monday. "It is a serious situation that these people are going through but Michael Jackson would never want this. He would want them to live."

Rev. Jesse Jackson has also reached out to fans via YouTube, "urging them not to 'self destruct.'"

Said Rev. Jackson: "We fall down sometimes, we get back up. That's the right thing to do. In Michael's name let's live together as brothers and sisters and not die apart as fools."

Remember that no matter how depressing and earth-shattering the death of a loved one feels, suicide is never the answer.

Talk to loved ones, professionals, help lines; there is always someone there to listen.
  11. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    disgusting

I hate American society sometimes

"he would want them to LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVE"
  12. ethiostar

6,300 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Wow, just wow.
  13. Temo

Temo Active Member

3,712 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    C'mon guys: Perez Hilton-- a bastion of journalistic integrity?
  14. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    As ****ty as it sounds, if they did it because of that, then the world is probably better off without them as they clearly were mentally fubar'ed to the extreme.
  15. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,073 Messages
    453 Likes Received

Ironically enough. Michael Jackson committed suicide as well. Not eating and just popping pills. Thats suicide.
  16. jackrussell

jackrussell Last of the Duke Street Kings

4,162 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That could be a song.
  17. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Elvis >>> Michael Jackson
  18. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This guy is such self-absorbed opportunists :rolleyes: .

Oh and Michael Jackson > Elvis
  19. Aikbach

Aikbach Active Member

9,611 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    Idolatry is the bane of the human condition, every man worships something, even in the absence of religion the heart will fill the void with something else and worship it, sometimes its as subtle as career ambition and as blatant as building the Pyramids, ultimately your life's service, what you live and die for will prove who's glory you live for in turn.
  20. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,073 Messages
    453 Likes Received
    Just a tidbit.

Megatrends and historical patterns project the end of the literary word. We are in the middle of a mutlimedia transition/adaption. Text out, Audio/Visual in.