1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mock 13Dec2012 and Free Agents

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by xwalker, Dec 13, 2012.

1. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,634 Messages
    5,792 Likes Received
    I don't see Oakland trading away any young guys with low dollar contracts. Do you like any of the FA Wide Receivers?
    http://nfltraderumors.co/2013-nfl-free-agents/
  2. xwalker

13,634 Messages
    5,792 Likes Received
    I think #26 is possible for Cooper. DeCastro was #24 last year and he didn't have Warmack in front of him.

Thomas and Holmes are the ones that probably go earlier; although, NFLDS has Thomas at #47 and Holmes at #89.
  3. Hailmary

Hailmary Well-Known Member

2,265 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Slauson seems like a definite possibility as a FA addition.

He has a history with Callahan with the Jets and at Nebraska. He was one of the guys that was vocal in favor of the Jets keeping him around as Callahan's contract with the Jets was about to run out.

"In our room, Callahan means everything," said Slauson, who also played for him at Nebraska. "The guy is an incredible coach. He's the best coach I've ever had in my life, and I know all the other guys say the exact same thing. The guy has saved my career twice. If he's not here, I'll be really bummed. He's a huge part of our success. If he's gone, he'll be really missed."
  4. xwalker

13,634 Messages
    5,792 Likes Received
    Interesting info.
  5. hra8700

hra8700 Active Member

807 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    I wouldn't be surprised if we don't make a single major FA acquisition. And I would understand the reasoning if we didn't. The only situation where I would definitely jump on a player is if Buffalo chooses to franchise Andy Levitre and we can go after Jairus Byrd. But I doubt the team would do go that direction.

We'll cut free, it's looking like there's a strong chance we'll go with Parnell at RT next season. I think we'll definitely start Livings, and very likely Costa as well. There's a possibility we look for an upgrade on Bernadeau.

Probably the most likely acquisition is a 3-4 DE.