1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mock Draft Request (OL first 2 rounds?)

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by egn22, Feb 11, 2013.

1. egn22

egn22 Active Member

839 Messages
    233 Likes Received
    I love coming here to read mocks and opinions on who should be taken where. And you guys are pretty accurate as a whole. So i'm wondering, does anyone think there's any chance we grab 2 o -linemen in the first 2 rounds?
    If so, can you please post a mock outlining this scenario?

I know Jerry doesn't pick oline in the first round, jerry's this jerry's that, yadda yadda yadda, but I'm curious to know if there's any scenario where this would/could actually play out.
  2. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,302 Messages
    294 Likes Received
    No I do not see any way we use the 1st and 2nd on OL. I can see using on of them but not both.
  3. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,218 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    Since JJ has already come out and said he was pleased with the OL, I think it is a safer bet we don't use either the 1st or 2nd on OL, then if we did.

If I had to guess, I would say its:

1st - Floyd or Short
    2nd - Eric Reid

I would prefer:

1st - Jonathan Cooper
    2nd - Barrett Jones

solidify the interior for the next 5-8 years
  4. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,194 Messages
    1,541 Likes Received
    I think the only way we do that is if we have 3 picks in the first two rounds by trading down in the first.
  5. egn22

egn22 Active Member

839 Messages
    233 Likes Received
    I wonder if he's telling us the truth about being happy with that oline though. I highly doubt it, especially if he's preparing to extend Romo's contract.
  6. Macnalty

Macnalty Well-Known Member

1,016 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    Best I can think of really is trade back in first, not sure that nets us two second rounders as Floyd, Short, or Richardson if he drops, are looking like the early leaders for the 1st pick.
    I am on board with a combination of two of these players whatever order we can manage
    Cooper
    Jones
    Warford

Would love to throw Lane Johnson and Warmack in the mix but in early Feb they are about 5 slots down from our selection.
  7. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,465 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    Possible?
    Yes.
    Likely?
    No.

The OL needs help but we need help lots of places.

If you need a scenario there are a few below.

1 I like a lot.

trade down in 1st to mid 20s. pick up extra 3rd and extra 4th.
    trade two 3rds for another 2nd.

r1. DJ Fluker RT (RG).

r2a. Kawann Short DT
    r2b. Dallas Thomas LG

r4a. Mike Gillislee RB
    r4b. D.J. Swearinger FS

r5. William Gholston SDE

r6. TJ Moe WR
  8. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,807 Messages
    772 Likes Received
    I'd have no problem with OL in the first two rounds. Obviously, we need DL but if the BPA is, say, Warmack in 1 and Fluker in 2, I would crap myself. Instantly, a weakness becomes a strength.

Or Lane Johnson in 1 and Dallas Thomas in 2. This would also induce crapping (out of happiness of course)
  9. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,886 Messages
    2,138 Likes Received
    THIS...
  10. egn22

egn22 Active Member

839 Messages
    233 Likes Received
    okay so based on responses i'm not crazy for wanting to see this happen. I'm just really curious to see how this offense will come to life with a dominant o-line. between Murray, Bryant, and Romo we'd be explosive.
  11. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,886 Messages
    2,138 Likes Received
    We can dream.
  12. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    For Me it's:

1.K. Short

2. B. Jones

Two solid starters that should be available at our picks. One step farther.

3. T. Jefferson S

I think a pretty good start to a draft and all picks, at present, seem to be possible at those positions.
  13. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,463 Messages
    8,366 Likes Received
    If the team is telling the truth about drafting BPA, then yes....it's possible. You're talking about 4 positions there. LT, RT, G or C. It could easily be the BPA at both picks.

If they go into this draft ruling out an OL with the first two picks then they aren't really intending to stick to their board.
  14. Macnalty

Macnalty Well-Known Member

1,016 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    That would be a very good start with three potential starters, hope you are correct about Jones in the 2nd.
  15. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,025 Messages
    629 Likes Received
    I'd there's about a .5% chance of drafting o line in rounds 1 and 2. And I'd say about a 60% chance we don't go o-line in either round. It sucks but that's the way our GM thinks.