1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by irvin88, Jan 3, 2005.

1. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,709 Messages
    3,197 Likes Received

N-how.

:)
  2. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,938 Messages
    479 Likes Received

We can only pray that this is so..please god please! :cheers:
  3. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,408 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    The Redskins take a TE at #9 ? With Edwards, Clayton, and Henry still on the board ? I sure hope not. Miller will not even go in the top 15 IMO.
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,349 Messages
    4,671 Likes Received

I thought that TE pick by the skins was silly as well.

I would think Joe has his pass catching TE with Cooley and if he wanted another he would go with one that was better at blocking and HB duties.

I, and like you it seems, think they would go with a WR...or even D-Line, O-Line or CB before going with a TE in the first.

BTW....Doubt Henry goes in the first, if you are talking Chris Henry WR of WVU....his stock will fall even with a good combine workout as he is a headcase and has had troubles with off the field issues and on the field issues with the coaches....just a heads up there as I am a WVU and Marshall Fan...the kid has a BUNCH of growing up to do even if he does have the athletic abilities....with that being said if he does grow up, he can be much better in the pros then he ever was in college because of the WVU offense and QB imo.
  5. DoomsDayD

DoomsDayD Well-Known Member

1,674 Messages
    72 Likes Received
    I am sorry but there is no way the cowboys better pass up D. Johnson if he is sitting there come draft day.
  6. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,207 Messages
    315 Likes Received
    The day Coakley gets on the scales at my house and it shows over 230 I'll believe it.
  7. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,349 Messages
    4,671 Likes Received

I think Bill has already been on record saying something along the lines of not drafting a high pick Shut down CB type of player because there can not be that shut down CB type of player anymore with todays rules.

He said that sometime this season...from midseason on....now once again that was the general gist of what he said, but I am sure it is not word for word.

For that reason I doubt he takes a CB with that first pick...not sure if he would take one in the first round to be honest.
  8. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,152 Messages
    650 Likes Received
    Hawthorne is the most overrated player in this draft.

If we passed on Brooks, Wright and Spears to select Rogers, I would go down to Dallas and *****slap BP/JJ myself.