1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mock You Like a Hurricane

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Hostile, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,108 Messages
    39 Likes Received

Tell you what: I'd be SHOCKED, as in: Tony Romo got cut today shocked, if any team in the NFL throws even half the contract that Canty got at Spears. As a matter of fact, Canty did a diservice to Spears being such a bust in his first year for the G-men.

Spears needs to thread very carefuly here now. Would he be happy for an extra 1 million somewhere else ( and I'd be surprised if it's that much ) or give the Cowboys a home discount and stay where you're happy ? The Cowboys are not going to bendover backwards to keep him, probably offer him something in the 2 mills per year range, maybe a little more, with a respectable guaranteed sum, and he should just on it faster than a horny rabbit on a cage full of females. If he fools around too much, he might end up playing for the minimum somewhere else.

Cowboys need to be very careful here too. Igor set the market for the D-linemen in Dallas, and the first priority is to make sure Ratt's next contract is the one doing that, not Spears'.
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,170 Messages
    4,350 Likes Received
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,398 Messages
    1,266 Likes Received
    Royal trash?:laugh1: I have to say I dont hate it. Wonder if Odrick could also fill in at NT?
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,398 Messages
    1,266 Likes Received
    Spears is under club control in an uncapped year. If somebody wants to give draft picks for him, I'll take it.
  5. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,108 Messages
    39 Likes Received

I'm right behind you in that line.
  6. Pottsville Maroons

Pottsville Maroons Member

705 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Hos, maybe you can answer a question I posed in another thread about Iupati. I've read on here where Kosier helps Gurode w/ line calls and we're still missing blocking assignments. If Kosier does help him, my concern with replacing Kosier is the effect it will have on Gurode re line calls.

If we drafted a Guard, wouldn't we a. also need to draft a starting-quality Center and relegate both Kosier and Gurode to backup duty or b. focus on only drafting the Center and let Gurode move over to Guard?

Getting an upgrade at Guard would be great but if the Center isn't making the right calls, the whole line is weakened, right?

Edit: I should have added that it's possible Iupati could help with the calls, but I don't see the same level of help, given that he'd be a rookie. I'm not saying we should pass on Iupati, but at least short-term, filling the OG need magnifies an issue with the OC.
  7. dallasfaniac

dallasfaniac Active Member

4,197 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Your assumption is that Iupati couldn't also help make the line calls and that it's ok to pass on the highest rated player at a position of need because of perceived deficiencies with a player already on your roster.
  8. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,875 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    He started playing football at 14 and had trouble w/ english for years. Obviously a hard worker but might be years from that.

How about Gurode stops being a dummy?
  9. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Your assumption is that A) OG is a position of need and that B) We won't resign Kosier or C) His replacement isn't already on the roster.
  10. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,896 Messages
    2,144 Likes Received
    I guess he's moving up already. I've see him sloted in the 5th-6th round in many online mocks. Oh well..the cream rises as they say.
  11. Pottsville Maroons

Pottsville Maroons Member

705 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    I should have added that it's possible Iupati could help with the calls, but I don't see the same level of help, given that he'd be a rookie. I'm not saying we should pass on Iupati, but at least short-term, filling the OG need magnifies an issue with the OC.
  12. dallasfaniac

dallasfaniac Active Member

4,197 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Your assumption is that OG is the position of need I am referring to. ;)
  13. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    the hell? now I don't want him
  14. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received

:lmao2::lmao:
  15. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,700 Messages
    679 Likes Received
    Hos, I'm with you. After having seen Odrick play for PSU this year, and watching the SB practice, I like the idea of this kid wearing the star. I like Spears and Olshansky, but ever since the Boys went to the 3-4, I've been hoping for a DE that can stop the run and get consistent pressure on the QB.