1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Moneyball movie question

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Rogah, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Rogah

Rogah Benched

6,473 Messages
    793 Likes Received
    I saw Moneyball yesterday. I thought it was a decent movie, but not quite as good as everyone else seems to think it was. Anyways...

In the movie near the end there's a scene where they are watching footage from a Minor League game. The batter - who had to be about 50 pounds overweight - hit a ball deep. He was running as fast as he could to try and get a double but he fell rounding first and scrambled back to first base before he could be tagged out. People were laughing at him because it turns out he hit a HR so he was able to get up and trot around the bases.

So my question is this: Did that actually happen and if so does anyone know the details?
  2. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

36,874 Messages
    4,562 Likes Received
    Yes. That was Jeremy Brown. I haven't seen the movie yet, but just recently finished the book.