1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Monmouth's Chris Hogan goes from little-known receiver to buzzed-about NFL Draft pros

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Apr 21, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    [IMG]

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2011/04/monmouths_chris_hogan_goes_fro.html

A former all-conference lacrosse player at Penn State, he played only one year as a receiver and cornerback for Monmouth. The 6-2, 220-pound Hogan had just 12 receptions, but three of them were touchdowns and he had three interceptions. Still, he wasn’t anywhere near NFL teams’ radars.

That is, until he ran a 4.47-second 40-yard dash, blew away the competition in the other speed drills and bench-pressed 225 pounds 28 times at Fordham's pro day March 8. Each of those figures would have put him at, or near, the top of the receivers who worked out at the NFL Scouting Combine.

Is Monmouth receiver Chris Hogan the next Miles Austin?
    ByRainer Sabin / Reporter
    rsabin@dallasnews.com | Bio

1:15 PM on Thu., Apr. 21, 2011 | Permalink
    He is from New Jersey, went to Monmouth and doesn't have the credentials of other players in his draft class. But he's not Dallas Cowboys star Miles Austin. His name is Chris Hogan and he has started to attract interest from NFL scouts as he tries to work his way into the professional ranks.

A former all-conference lacrosse player at Penn State, Hogan tried football late in his college career. Consequently, he has a short resume. But while he doesn't appear to have the requisite experience to be an NFL player, he has the strength and speed, according to a report by The Star Ledger of New Jersey:

A former all-conference lacrosse player at Penn State, he played only one year as a receiver and cornerback for Monmouth. The 6-2, 220-pound Hogan had just 12 receptions, but three of them were touchdowns and he had three interceptions. Still, he wasn't anywhere near NFL teams' radars.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/04/the-next-miles-austin.html
  2. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,790 Messages
    1,180 Likes Received
    Miles starred at Monmouth and had excellent workout numbers and still wasn't drafted. This guy should not be drafted either. I have no problem with signing him as a practice squad guy to develop.
  3. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,913 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    It worked once, i'd sign him for training camp.
  4. Primetime42

Primetime42 Well-Known Member

2,891 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    The work on the field is just not there.

If this guy gets drafted I will be shocked. At least Miles dominated the field of play at Monmouth. Hogan has done next to nothing but had nice workout numbers.
  5. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree....