1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Monte Kiffin 3 deep coverage clinic

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by brymatt94, Mar 30, 2013.

1. brymatt94

brymatt94 Active Member

456 Messages
    192 Likes Received
  2. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,347 Messages
    2,162 Likes Received
    "The ball will take you to the receiver. The receiver will not always take you to the ball."

Love this stuff.
  3. FuzzyLumpkins

16,347 Messages
    2,162 Likes Received
    "You must have diversity in your pass coverages." "Coach aggressively and don't be afraid to fail."

Could have used that philosophy over drop 8 into coverage for the entire month of December.
  4. JerryFan

JerryFan Active Member

1,243 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    I agree. I didn't dislike Rob but that rush 3 drop 8 is flat out stupid and would scream at the top of my lungs every 3rd and long it seemed.
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,658 Messages
    6,420 Likes Received
    I imagine that's TJ Macdonald he's talking about at the 5 minute mark playing more on athletic ability than on skill, and consequently hurting the team in college occasionally along the way.
  6. Tyronosaurus77

Tyronosaurus77 Member

465 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    is this a clinic for players or coaches or both? anyone sure of the time frame? thanks for posting, enjoyed watching!
  7. pancakeman

pancakeman Well-Known Member

1,897 Messages
    191 Likes Received
    From the part I watched I gathered it was for high school coaches.
  8. hairic

hairic Well-Known Member

2,455 Messages
    232 Likes Received
  9. JBell523

JBell523 That's my Quarterback

3,269 Messages
    486 Likes Received
    Yup, if this is recent.

I assumed this was a really old video from the quality.

Thanks for posting OP, some good stuff so far. I like how Kiffin is emphasizing making plays and being AGGRESSIVE... lord knows we can use some of that.
  10. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,658 Messages
    6,420 Likes Received
    I did, too, at first, but he mentions the college game, and the video posting date, for whatever that's worth, is recent.

Macdonald fits the height/weight and the description. Don't know if he was a QB in high school or not.

No matter what, I'd be shocked to see Monte Kiffin using anything other than hand-written slides in any presentation. We're going to have to find old-school slide projectors for the defensive team meetings, again. I bet those had left the building along with the analog clocks two offseasons ago.
  11. FuzzyLumpkins

16,347 Messages
    2,162 Likes Received
    I'm just about positive that the video is 30 or so years old. Monte Kiffin just isn't that spry any more.