1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

More from Mosley - Not so fast on T.Smith

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by GloryDaysRBack, Apr 18, 2011.

1. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,331 Messages
    745 Likes Received
  2. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,745 Messages
    2,425 Likes Received
    That's because we are going to trade up and get Peterson.

:grin:
  3. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,719 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    :bow:
  4. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    OMG some is feeding that boy a bunch of bull

Watt - you can't be serious

blowing smoke up his where the sun don't shine
  5. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,331 Messages
    745 Likes Received
    How about the piece on Gabbert? Lol
  6. Pabst

Pabst Active Member

953 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    Hmm. Don't know how I'd feel about Watt at 9. I think he's a fine choice after a trade-down, but 9 seems a couple spots too high.

Theres been a lot of pub lately about how "Dallas is in love with Smith." Now this article hits. Have to imagine at least one is a smokescreen.
  7. jswalker1981

jswalker1981 Fact > Your Opinion

2,616 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I looked at the "Draft Websites" thread that Hos started, and took 16 mock drafts that didn't involve trades and figured out which players they have us taking at the number 9 pick.

Tyron Smith - 9 drafts, 56.25%
    J.J. Watt - 3 drafts, 18.75%
    Anthony Castonzo - 1 draft, 6.25%
    Cameron Jordan - 1 draft, 6.25%
    Nick Fairley - 1 draft, 6.25%
    Prince Amukamara - 1 draft, 6.25%

I'd love to add more drafts to the data, but it takes time that I don't really have. But it seems like a lot of people are expecting us to take Tyron Smith.
  8. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This is the height of the misinformation season, and the Cowboys are just going to come out and tell Mosley all their draft plans. Hmmm. I'm not so sure about this. There really isn't anything new here. The trade down "talks" were planted weeks ago, and everyone knows the obvious trading partners. The only surprise is seeing Amukamara's name there, and I still don't think Dallas will draft him based on a public source I trust.

Mosley has a shaky foundation here.

The Tennessee Titans are a possible trade down team, and I heard where the Eagles (a team that highly most likely covets Tyron Smith) could be a trade partner for Tennessee. Jake Locker could be their target where the Eagles pick. If Nick Fairley is off the board, Tennessee will likely try to bail from 8, so they can draft a DE, QB, or Amukamara. So, Dallas coming out with information like this (no difference between Smith, Solder, or Castonzo) could be misdirection. I can't prove it, but time will tell.

There is plenty of difference between the 3 players. I can assure you. I'm not dumb. I would be willing to bet that the other teams know that Tyron Smith has the best combination of athletic ability and power in this draft. Smith is the best RT (athleticism and power) in this draft for a team that needs a RT. The thought that Tyron Smith couldn't supplant Doug Free at LT (like Solder) is comical.

If the Cowboys draft J.J. Watt or Cameron Jordan or Aldon Smith (Tyron has him beaten on film) in favor of Tyron Smith, this era of Cowboys football is over. Any defensive player likely does the trick. What part of the interior of the offensive line is about to crumble do some people not understand. You better be better than stout on the right edge.

You can draft the best offensive tackle at 9 and not have to settle for the one that falls to you, and you can draft an interior offensive linemen in round 2. You can pick twice in round 2 if you trade up from round 3. Both rounds have been unkind to the Cowboys. The hits have been rare from 2000-2009.
  9. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It wouldn't surprise me if Philadelphia, New York, Minnesota, Detroit, New England, Tampa Bay, or another team that is said to like Smith, was the source of the "knee" talk in regards to Smith. (possibly Washington)
  10. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,625 Messages
    1,571 Likes Received
    Mosely is being fed like a cow just before heading into the slaughter house.
  11. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

6,008 Messages
    630 Likes Received
    the gabbert thing has convinced me that you are right.
  12. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,303 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    I don't like what I hear abut the Cowboys liking Solder. He is the only one I don't care for. Give Smith, Castanzo, Carimi, or Sherrod but not Solder.
  13. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    He is just shoveling controversy to get page views.

Mediot.
  14. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,723 Messages
    546 Likes Received
    I am trying not to buy into this....I mean how does it make any sense?

We scouted him heavily last year ...Garrett and Houck were at his pro-day and he is #2 on there board

So if its not Peterson with a trade up then logic says you stay put and take smith

Only way I would tradd down is if someone was crazy enough to give up there 1st and 2nd
  15. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,809 Messages
    774 Likes Received
    It was just smart to scout him, knowing his age, measurables and our need at RT. Could just be they weren't enamoured with what they saw.
  16. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Maybe the Cowboys are releasing disinformation and using Mosley to do it.
  17. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,719 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    Could be.

I think we're still looking at Smith and releasing some smoke screens.
  18. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,303 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    This is the part that kills me.

it's more likely they'll take Nate Solder out of Colorado than Smith. There's a belief among scouts that Solder might be a better athlete than Cowboys starting left tackle Doug Free.

If Dallas trades back and picks Solder, please shoot me. I will give this draft a big fat F, I wouldn't care who else we pick. Solder is not a Dallas Cowboys OL.
  19. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    :laugh2: That has GOT to be smoke. Dallas isn't a zone blocking team and that IMO is the only thing Solder is going to be.
  20. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If people believe this b.s....