1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

More karma for John Edwards

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by ArmoredSaint, May 3, 2009.

1. ArmoredSaint

ArmoredSaint New Member

61 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy........

Link

2. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,124 Messages
    3,192 Likes Received
    You know, I used to really like him. In fact when Bill Richardson dropped out I was hoping he would be the Dem candidate in 2008.
  3. lewpac

lewpac Benched

1,465 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Edwards is the ultimate political prostitute. He'll do or say anything and sell his own soul to get elected.

He's the poster boy for "ambulance chasing" lawyer, and made his millions on the backs of bogus cases, attacking corporate America on behalf of "the little guy". All the while, taking half or more of the settlements awarded to "the little guy".

His mantra was "two America's". One for the rich and one for the poor. He propped himself up as a champion for the "poor" half, all the while raking in all the "victim" money for himself, the "other half". He's a classic limo-lib. Like Al Gore, HE has all the tapping and goodies of Capitalistic America, but YOU can't. Now that he go HIS, no one else is allowed to own a home, buy gas, or make a profit.

Then, he has the chutapah to have an affair on is cancer-afflicted wife, impregnate another woman, and lecture the rest of us on "decency" and "fairness" and "compassion"!! A real winner this guy is..................

I hope they convict him and put him in prison with Bubba and the boys. He'd fit right in with all the "victims" he cares so much about..........
  4. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,860 Messages
    1,705 Likes Received
    Notice how little this is mentioned in the MSM. Can you imagine if it was a republican doing the same thing?
  5. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,950 Messages
    1,391 Likes Received

:bow:

Absolutely. I agree with this 100%.
  6. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,232 Messages
    7,060 Likes Received
    Funny, I've seen it everywhere, since it's an AP published article..

MSM really isn't limited to just three political TV stations and websites.
  7. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,310 Messages
    4,644 Likes Received
    Shhh...you will ruin his paranoid mantra.:p:
  8. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,845 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    I realize most politicans (on both sides of the aisle) are self centered, corrupt individuals doing anything they can to advance their own status. 99% of the time, I just grin and bear it. But John Edwards is that rare case of being a politician that I honestly, truly can't stand.

The thing I hate most about Edwards is how much he represents all that is wrong with our health care system. He made truckloads of money suing doctors who did not perform Cesarian Sections on children that were born with cerebral palsy, even though there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever to suggest that c-sections prevent cerebral palsy.

A c-section can be a lifesaving procedure in extreme cases but fact of the matter is you really do not want to do one if it can be avoided. It is ideally a procedure of "last resort." Unfortunately, thanks to John Edwards, we now have doctors performing c-sections left and right because they are afraid of being sued, not because a c-section is actually in the best interest of the patient.
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,860 Messages
    1,705 Likes Received
    OH BS. Sure the AP story- but show me any of the MSM making a kind of fuss about this as they did about Stevens.
  10. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,626 Messages
    412 Likes Received
    Rog, a lot of women want C sections now, they can plan their work around it, no worries about when the child will be born, you know ahead of time, etc

It isn't just doctors who want to perform them.
  11. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,845 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    Yeah, I am going to have to call B.S. on this. I won't say it absolutely 100% never happens (I think I once read an article about Hollywood starlets doing it), but I just don't believe there are significant numbers of women doing c-sections for the sake of schedule convenience.
  12. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,626 Messages
    412 Likes Received
    It is true.

I know a lot of professional women who want to know exactly when the child will be born so they plan a C section. Actresses do the same, their's mostly because they want to children born early (like Victoria Beckham).