1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

More pressure to win - Romo or RG3?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DavidAK, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

76,959 Messages
    2,768 Likes Received
    Romo is one player on the team. I'm concerned about the Cowboys losing but in case you missed it there are 10 other guys on offense not named Tony Romo and 11 guys on defense none go by the name of Tony Romo.

Troy Aikman could not post many wins without Irvin and Smith the Cowboys record proves that anytime one of the triplets missed. Cowboys win if they outplay and outscore the Skins, Romo has a job to do but it is not him and him alone who will win or lose.

This has nothing to do being Pro Romo or anti romo it has to do with understanding the game of football evidently many do not have a fricken clue about it to them it is one man vs one man that is the biggest joke there is
  2. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Well-Known Member

1,064 Messages
    181 Likes Received
    I don't think people are making excuses for Romo, its just a simple fact that this team is playing without several key players that any team would have trouble overcoming. If Romo puts up 50 and the D lets them score 51 are you going to blame Romo???
  3. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Well-Known Member

1,064 Messages
    181 Likes Received
    GOOD POST
  4. Doomsday101

76,959 Messages
    2,768 Likes Received
    That is the whole thing it is not Romo single handedly going out and winning the game. No one can do that, Romo can go out and play damn good ball but that does not ensure the win. Hell he puts up over 400 yards no ints and 4 TD that is damn good play but he can't control everything in a game he can do his part and with the help of others stepping up and making plays they have a chance.
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,453 Messages
    6,149 Likes Received
    Lolwut? I really wonder sometimes what games you watch every Sunday. You know the names of the players and stuff, so you're tempted to think it's Cowboys games, but then you post stuff like this and I get confused again.
  6. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,868 Messages
    2,132 Likes Received
    Come on Clove.
    Romo had one the best games in the history of the NFL last week in a losing cause. Stats-wise it may have been the VERY best ever.
    416/4/0
    Come on now. You can't get much further from choking than that.
  7. Lazyking

Lazyking Active Member

718 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    I agree.. I mean the offense sputtered at the wrong times but it's not like he threw a pick like Big ben did last week.. The Saints game was on the defense and the murray fumble.
  8. CitySlicker202

CitySlicker202 Member

92 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Let me cut to the chase here; Romo is 32 years old and the window for a "potential" Cowboy Super Bowl is closing rapidly as the other main pieces are aging also. Conversely, Rg3 is a mere 22 year old rookie with the opportunity to lead a "rebuilding" Redskin franchise to a Division Title AND Playoff Berth (none of which were expected goals his first year in the league).

Quite frankly, Rg3 winning a division title is something not even the Redskin fanbase dreamed off this season. We're not making excuses for any potential loss as you put it. Bottom line though is that Rg3 has a WHOLE career ahead of him....Romo on the other hand will be ridiculed into his 33rd birthday if he loses to a rookie QB in his 3rd winner take all game.
  9. panchucko

panchucko We have a pretty good offense Zone Supporter

2,003 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    And a coach that doesn't like to open the throttle until the team is behind late in the game.
  10. Doomsday101

76,959 Messages
    2,768 Likes Received
    Seems some accused him of going away from the run now it is he did not open the throttle until late in the game? No doubt the team had to go to a hurry up mode after going down 14 and I think players also felt the urgentcy of having to make plays. Heck one drive Miles could not seem to catch the ball if his life depended on it and helped to stall out a drive and next thing he is catching the TD for the tie. How much is coach how much is player?
  11. cowboyfan4life2

cowboyfan4life2 Well-Known Member

1,121 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    Its not even debatable, rg3 is a rookie, tony is near the end of his prime, if tony doesn't play well on sunday, he is going to take a beating.
  12. Doomsday101

76,959 Messages
    2,768 Likes Received
    and if he plays as he did this past sunday and the outcome is the same? I'm not looking to give Romo or anyone a free pass but have a real hard time coming down on a player who went out and performed great and then put it on him as to why they did not win.
  13. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,547 Messages
    1,818 Likes Received
    :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

They love to talk about all of their tradition. Living there for 30 years it was sickening.

They dont mind having the "strike shortened season asterick" after 2 of their 3 SB wins :laugh2: :laugh1:

They are the absolute worst bunch of fans in the world. The whole region is idiotic. When they win its front page news for the entire week. Its all you hear about on the radio and TV. Seriously, if 9/11 had happened the same day as a Skins win, the lead story on the top of the front page of the Wash Post would have been the Skins win. Underneath it you would have had the pics of the WTC's mess. When they lose, its as if no game was even played.

Nothing would be sweeter than breaking all their hearts with a Cowboys win!
  14. rdskn4eva

rdskn4eva Member

90 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    A typical game for RG3 is more along the lines of 220 yards and 1.8 TD's (running/passing). Dont know where you got 150 yards from.
  15. Fmart322

Fmart322 Active Member

957 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    I know what you mean. Their tradition was a brief strike shortened window where fat guys dressed like their wives....aand added a pig nose. Do we still own their song?

:D
  16. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,815 Messages
    689 Likes Received

Yeah, no sheet!

:laugh2:
  17. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,547 Messages
    1,818 Likes Received
    The Hail with that stupid obnoxious song! :lmao2:

Their tradition is laughable. A run in the 80's with Joe Gibbs. Nothing more. Some scab team wins in the regular season and an eventual SB win one year. Butt, they act as if its equal to winning a real SB in a real season. :D :lmao2:
  18. Fmart322

Fmart322 Active Member

957 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  19. bleedin' blue

bleedin' blue Active Member

259 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Romo by a mile... Hope he does so people will finally get off his back ;)
  20. Ultra Warrior

Ultra Warrior 6 Million Light-years beyond believability.

1,518 Messages
    253 Likes Received
    Theres no interest in an RG3 can't win story. Anything about Romo is of interest to EVERYONE. Romo could be knocked out on the 1st drive of the game & if the TEAM loses, he'll get FULL BLAME. If the Cowboys win Sunday, there's no story for ESPN & it's ilk. Well, aside from the story of "Will ROMO choke next week?" The usual GARBAGE.