1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Morning Pops!

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Sarge, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,399 Messages
    1 Likes Received

Morning Sarge, Morning all...that ain't a bad run at all my friend.. 6 miles is a heck of a lot further than most of us want to be running these days
  2. justbob

justbob The Peacemaker Staff Member

6,584 Messages
    198 Likes Received
    Morning Cbz ---Way to go Sarge --Morning Zax and inmates of your own tortured minds
    Slept in the bed all night --I think the ribs are getting better:)

George Strait begins a five-week visit to #1 on the Billboard country chart with "Love Without End, Amen"
  3. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

33,190 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    Morning Pops. Morning fellas, Zoners.

Phil, I'm glad to hear that it's done and that it's gone as well as can be expected. 58 is way to early but I don't need to tell you that. Condolences my friend.

Zax, how are things with you? I hope well.

Another great morning here in NM. Will be hot later today but for now, it's very nice. I was standing on the back porch, watching the birds feed from my wife's feeders, drinking a cup of coffee. I tell you, these are the kinds of times that make me happy to be alive. Sounds stupid, I know. Calm, clear, cool of the morning, just peaceful.

OK, off to work now. Everybody, please have a great day.
  4. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,270 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Morning Santiago...Zoniacs...early morning hooligans..

On this date in history...

1934 - Donald Duck made his debut in the Silly Symphonies cartoon "The Wise Little Hen."

1943 - The withholding tax on payrolls was authorized by the U.S. Congress.

1946 - Mel Ott became the first manager to be ejected from a doubleheader (both games).

1958 - Jerry Lee Lewis took out a full-page ad in Billboard Magazine to explain about his second divorce and third marriage to his 14 year old cousin Myra.
  5. ABQCOWBOY

33,190 Messages
    913 Likes Received

:laugh2:

Ole Mel, he knew how to do it right.
  6. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,819 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Good morning, Cbz and good morning to everybody here. Donald Duck is one of my favourite Disney characters. I've told my wife that she's like him when she gets mad. She is not impressed.

We're getting more rain, but the weekend shows some promise. Have a good one, guys.
  7. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,456 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Morning, Cbz. Morning all.

Sarge, do like I do, walk 6 miles. It's easier on the bones.:D Actually my walks vary between 4.5 and 6.5 miles.

ABQ, you're not alone my friend. I love watching the birds at the bird feeders in the morning.

Bob, I'm glad your ribs are getting better. Can you laugh out loud yet?

Phil, did Mel Blanc also do the voice for Donald Duck? If so, just call her Mel and perhaps she won't get the reference. But don't blame me when the frying pan conks your head:p:
  8. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Afternoon Pops and Zoners
  9. Phrozen Phil

3,819 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Leon, I like your advice, but she and I both know that the original voice for Donald was Don "Ducky" Nash. He did it for a very long time.A guy named Tony Anselmo has done the voice since Don died. Mel Blanc was a Warner Brothers guy. Mel was abslutley amazing. Still love his stuff.
  10. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,374 Messages
    1,230 Likes Received
    Well, perhaps............ - but it was only a mere 5-6 years ago I was running 45-60 miles per week. 2 stress fractures in each leg and a REALLY bad snowmobile accident later - and I struggle to finish 6 miles at a time. I will get there. It's a goal of mine.
  11. justbob

6,584 Messages
    198 Likes Received
    Keep on trucking Sarge --I used to run 45 miles a week --shattered my heel bone and now I am happy to be walking and wearing shoes(not an issue if you are Yeag)
    Keep working on it Sarge -we are yelling for ya
  12. justbob

6,584 Messages
    198 Likes Received
    Leon --I can laugh --but it still hurts like the dickens
  13. Sarge

20,374 Messages
    1,230 Likes Received
    Thanks Bob - it's gonna be a LONG HARD road but I think once I get past 20-25 miles per week it'll come back fast. The recovery time is so much longer nowadays.

Thanks for the encouragement. :)
  14. Sarge

20,374 Messages
    1,230 Likes Received
    Morning Pops and a good Thursday morning to all you fine folks (you too Yeags).

Rain again today but they tell me gone for the weekend - so be it - I'll take that all day!

You fellas have a great day ahead. . . . :)
  15. justbob

6,584 Messages
    198 Likes Received
    Good morning Cbz --morning Sarge and elses. Its going to be a toasty 100 degrees today. And I might attempt to rope this afternoon...Not totally sure I can ,but I can't let Sarge get ahead of me.
    Time goes faster as I get older with the exception of recovery time --it has really slowed down.:D
  16. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Morning Pops and Zoners

My motto is why run....I have a car. :D
  17. ABQCOWBOY

33,190 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    Morning Pops. Morning Fellas, Zoners.

Sarge, 6 miles aint bad at all. I know you expect more out of yourself and that's OK but 6 miles aint to shabby considering. Not at all.

Everybody, please have a great day.

:)
  18. justbob

6,584 Messages
    198 Likes Received
    In case the police find out it is stolen and you have to get away Duh:)
  19. Phrozen Phil

3,819 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Good morning, Cbz and good morning to everybody. Sarge, I admire your committment to running. I manage a few clicks on a daily basis, but it's more of a briskl walk than a run. Bob, way to go, getting back on the horse. If I recall, though, riding can be a bit tough on the ribs. try not to trot too much. As for roping, you'll know pretty quick if it's going to happen.
  20. justbob

6,584 Messages
    198 Likes Received
    Morning Phil --we will find out this afternoon if the wind lays--I may be pushing it -we will see