1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Morris Claiborne questionable with concussion

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 15, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,229 Messages
    7,059 Likes Received
    Dec 14
    1:59
    PM CT
    By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas – Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan said cornerback Morris Claiborne “got a little dizzy” in Thursday’s practice and was not sure the first-round pick will be able to play Sunday against Pittsburgh.

Claiborne said he is preparing to play, but he has to pass one more test before getting cleared. He was limited in Friday’s practice and is listed as questionable.

“I’m feeling good right now,” Claiborne said. “I’m just going to work closely with the training staff and whatever those guys want me to do, that’s what I’m doing to do.”

“I know he’s doing everything he can and he’s got to pass these tests,” Ryan said. “That’s the one thing, they’ve got this protocol and no one can rush it no matter who you are so I think it’s great for the player’s safety that we make sure when they do come back they come back with no trouble coming back. When Mo comes back he’ll be ready to go and until then we’ll just move forward.”

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...morris-claiborne-questionable-with-concussion
  2. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,117 Messages
    4,583 Likes Received
    A big Chinese Waaaahh!
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,754 Messages
    10,050 Likes Received
    He's not playing. You can play him Sunday when he's getting dizzy on Thursday. You have to err on the side of caution with these head injuries.
  4. newnationcb

newnationcb Well-Known Member

2,642 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Exactly! And as much as people hate to admit it, at this point in their careers, Jenkins is an upgrade.

The real drop off is whoever plays the slot now. But that's been a drop off since Scandrick got hurt.
  5. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

4,392 Messages
    1,357 Likes Received
    He'll play.
  6. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,670 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    If he gets cleared, he will play. No doubt in my mind.
  7. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    or not so friendly: the play he got jacked UP was when McBride came over and hit him helmet to helmet. Woudln't piss me off if McBride didn't suck so bad:bang2:
  8. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,470 Messages
    1,137 Likes Received
    McCray...
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,859 Messages
    1,704 Likes Received
    McCray is apparently the one that injured Ware. Supposedly he is responsible for a couple of stupid collisions.
  10. cannonball44

cannonball44 Stephen Peterman's Campaign Manager

567 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    McTrash is literally hurting this team more than helping. he has got to go TODAY.
  11. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,174 Messages
    2,367 Likes Received
    McCray is the best special teamer we have. He's not supposed to be playing safety.

That was supposed to be Church or Johnson.

McCray started two games in college at safety. Don't blame him.
  12. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,919 Messages
    2,111 Likes Received
    Well, Jerruh fills the roster with guys that are versatile . . . . . . :lmao2:
  13. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,451 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    Is Charlie Peprah playing?
  14. davidyee

davidyee Maple Leaf

3,751 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    ...that McCray is not suppose to be the starting safety, but that guy was out of position so many times in the game and put his head in the dogpile late hurting two of our players.

It wasn't a coincidence and it was stupid on both accounts. Cowboys players already had the angle on the players and if you look at McCray on Claiborne's injury he had more than enought time to stand up and ensure the player was run out of bounds.

I hate those players who arrive late and slam the dogpile. They create situations that can potentially lead to situations like Mo's.

More football intelligence and the ability to understand the situation. Definitely a disease I have seen repeatedly from the Cowboys this season.
  15. newlander

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

.....dislike the guy so much I dropped his name!:D
  16. newlander

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

......I dropped his sorry name but the fact remains that was a reckless, assinine play on his part: to put his head down and attempt to spear the bengals player only to hit his teammate instead and \give him a concussion is ridiculous. He sucks and this is just one more reason why...
  17. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,142 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    Good question... He's an upgrade over McCray that's for sure.