1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Morris Claiborne to play

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by iceberg, Dec 20, 2012.

1. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Right.

After 10 games you've "come to grips" with this. Mo has peaked.

:cool:
  2. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,108 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received
    I've come to grips that he isn't an elite "eye popping" athlete -- that's all. That doesn't mean he can't be a very good / Pro-Bowl type of player.

Remember the information flowing out of Valley Ranch after they drafted Claiborne... the Cowboys scouting organization viewed him as the best CB prospect in the past 20 or so years (since Deion came out).

I haven't seen anything yet to indicate he is going to be that type of player.
  3. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,768 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    He is hands down 100% better than both Scandrick and Jenkins combined.

It's his first year for crying out loud.

Yep,, peaked after 10 games. :lmao2:

More like the "wall" he hit, like many rooks hit in their first season.

Sometimes this place is completely comical.
  4. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    These are contrasting points of view. You've either come to grips with it or you're witholding judgement. You can't do both otherwise you're just spouting nonsense for the sake of seeing yourself talk.
  5. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    What a great thread. Appears the normal folks have already abandoned our great new rookie CB. Typical and not surprised by all of those who already feel the need to label the kid nothing special.

For god sakes, Revis didn't make a Pro Bowl until after his rookie year, but Mo's just meh. OK! It took Deion 2-3 years to make the pro bowl. You people crack me up w/ your couch assement bologna.

I am glad to hear Mo will be available for Sunday. The kid will only get better.
  6. Nation

Nation Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,525 Messages
    1,025 Likes Received
    He has incredible body control and is explosive, not sure what more you need to see to describe him as an eye popping athlete. Remember, Revis got beat by Riley Cooper-types in his first year in the league also.
  7. perrykemp

6,108 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received
    I've said at least a couple of times in this thread the guy clearly has Pro-Bowl ability. That's hardly "abandoning our great new rookie CB".

What I have said, however, is that there haven't been any real signs that he is a one in generation type of talent. Hopefully I am wrong.
  8. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,754 Messages
    625 Likes Received
    I think what you are missing in Revis and Deion comparisons is even though they didn't make pro bowl immediately...you could see something special there on specific plays. I have not seen a play this year where Mo did something special. He has been solid but nothing that jumped out to you like Revis & Deion or Peterson (who I think is on verge of being top 5 CB). The question will come back to Dallas...did they need to trade up for solid? I was on board with the selection...but I think Dallas might have over-valued his natural instincts and raw athletic ability to play CB. I still think he plays in the league 10 years and has a Newman type career. I also think he will play second fiddle to Carr during his stay in Dallas.
  9. Nunez21

Nunez21 Active Member

279 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    I agree. Just like Dez is only a possession receiver. If they aren't immediately all-pro they are busts. Why give them time to develop?
  10. perrykemp

6,108 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received
    Not being a once in a generation talent = bust? Really?
  11. Nunez21

Nunez21 Active Member

279 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    Yes. I like to jump to conclusions based off of early production.
  12. perrykemp

6,108 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received
    Let's be honest -- did anyone really believe the "best CB prospect since Deion" coming out of Valley Ranch after the draft. I took it as happy talk.
  13. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,338 Messages
    1,360 Likes Received
    Let's be honest, many "fans" are selective in what they believe.

I really hate the igs.
  14. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

6,058 Messages
    982 Likes Received
    That's an interesting article, do you know what PFF has for success rate against our corners, I'm wondering how they stack up.
  15. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

11,193 Messages
    2,789 Likes Received

Are we being honest now? What team do you pull for in the NFL?
  16. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

...................THANKS SO MUCH for the marvelous news on PEPRAH! He was playing well before getting hurt: anyone but #40....McCrap has to go, just awful.....good news on Sims too: I like what Albright brings to the table size wise vs. teams like the steelers and skins but we NEED Ernie vs. a pure passing team like the Saints: he's solid in coverage, but not so much against the run: however, N.Orleans doesn't run the ball weel anyway
  17. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

11,193 Messages
    2,789 Likes Received
    That was my thought too. Glad he's back for this game.

I still remember when the Saints came to Dallas and tore us a new one by continuously hitting the FB and TE in the flat on Bradie James who has the coverage skills of Betty White.
  18. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,851 Messages
    1,108 Likes Received
    Best news I have heard all day. Thanks for scooping.
  19. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,139 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    As I expected... Good to have Mo back on the field!
  20. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,252 Messages
    2,453 Likes Received
    Did anyone really believe that Dez was just a possession receiver?