1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Morris Claiborne to play

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by iceberg, Dec 20, 2012.

1. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,009 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    I get what you are saying. I haven't seen that "Once in a decade" type ability either. But that doesn't mean he doesn't have it. I believe that skill set is there, he just has to get the confidence in himself and trust his instincts enough to let it show.

Unfortunately for Claiborne, he doesn't have great safety play behind him to trust those instincts yet and play more aggressive.

I watched a lot of LSU and SEC football, and I think Claiborne definitely has the best CB skillset between he and Peterson. The difference is that Peterson is a better athlete and explosive playmaker, which makes people think he is the better CB.

When Jerry said that Claiborne may be the best CB to come out since Deion, he wasn't talking about game-changing, playmaking abilities, he was talking about the ability to shutdown half of the field. And that is exactly what Caiborne will do once he becomes more confident and gets more experience.

That isn't to say that Claiborne isn't a playmaker, because he is. In college, he actually had more interceptions than Peterson (11 compared to 7) in the same amount of time. Not only does he have the ability to stick with receivers, but he has the natural instincts to locate the ball in the air and make a play on the ball. He may not be Deion, but I think he will be MUCH better than a Terence Newman, and has the ability to be one of the best in the league. Just give him time.