1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mort just confirmed JJ is trying to push John Garrett out...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by newlander, Jan 12, 2013.

1. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,065 Messages
    291 Likes Received
    "Confirmed?" How do you confirm a story like this? Confirmation requires access to truth of information from a person who has authority to speak on behalf of it. Who is the latter for Mort?
  2. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

...I WROTE the heading...but the thread has gone in another direction. The theory is that JJ is doing all these moves to frustrate RED into quitting. One of those moves would be to fire his brother. If he quits, he doesn't owe him a great deal of money: if he fires him he DOES owe him a great deal of money: probably not true but just a theory. The old man is on a rampage, anything can happen at this point IMO
  3. newlander

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

....Mort reported it and he has good sources. I like, respect and trust the guy: probably only one on ESPN I can say that about. That said, he COULD be wrong: it's been known to happen.
  4. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They forced out Wade and kept his son so I am not buying that angle and Wes has had no issues. Welcome to the NFL

I doubt this is about frustrating Jason I think it is more about wanting to make a change and not looking like the bad guy.
  5. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,733 Messages
    2,504 Likes Received
    I'm not sure what to think about all this.

Don't know how much is true... How much malarkey.

I guess a week from now (or less) we'll have the answer(s).
  6. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,065 Messages
    291 Likes Received
    If he's wrong we'll never hear about it again. The media will just trudge along the path of relying on human gullibility and forgetfulness of some members of its species.
  7. newlander

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

........Wade and Wes have NOTHING to do with Jason and John. Point being two fold:

1) they like and respect Wes at VR and think he can coach

2) conversely, they DON'T like John as much and think he should look for another job.......per Mort
  8. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Would Jason quit because of this? He doesn't strike me as a quitter.
  9. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,107 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Hannah has potential and we don't need to waste it like we did with Bennett... Hopefully Jerry is smart enough to realize this & bring in a legit TE coach
  10. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,562 Messages
    5,290 Likes Received
    Come on, people. Seriously.
  11. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,681 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    this move is starting to make more sense by the minute.
  12. Wezsh0T

Wezsh0T Well-Known Member

1,129 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    I thought the TE position has been strong. We've developed good TEs since John Garrett has been here.

John Phillips has been pretty good.

Bennett...well...he got better. Romo just didn't trust him. I don't believe this was a coaching issue.

Hannah has been a solid contributor in his rookie year.

We had a couple of backup guys that weren't too shabby, considering we nabbed them off the streets.
  13. newlander

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

.....IT'S SATURDAY....we are BORED...games don't start until 4:30:laugh2:
  14. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    This team is in a worse state of flux than a team with no head coach right now. The only thing we know for certain is that we have a new DC. No one is sure that anyone else will be back.

That means the only person providing any direction is the one person that shouldn't be.
  15. Boys122

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Why would they want John Garrett out? I apparently missed something. I don't think Jason Garrett would quit, he's not that stupid.

I mean would he actually want John out or is he retiring anyways? I don't understand where this move is going.
  16. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,822 Messages
    2,673 Likes Received
    It made sense from the start.

But this is Jerry's world we're talking about, where you check your sense at the door.
  17. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,824 Messages
    192 Likes Received
    Phillips has been a big disappointment since coming back from his injury. Hanna looks like a good prospect.
  18. Boys122

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    ~cough~ ~cough~ Jerruh Jones.
  19. newlander

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

..........and very well said: darn shame..... it stings and has stung for almost 20 years now. I'm beyond frustrated and bitter at Al Jr. If this nonsense backfires on him I hope he has 60,000 empty seats next season: it's the ONLY thing that will bring him to his knees. Problem is, even IF this happens who would he hire as GM? Probly an old crony like Lacewell...woudlnt' put it past him. NOt after this Kiffin move: its laughable.
  20. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

38,106 Messages
    1,255 Likes Received
    When you're the owner/GM of a team, you don't try to push anyone out. You just push them out.