1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mort just confirmed JJ is trying to push John Garrett out...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by newlander, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,680 Messages
    670 Likes Received
    The NFL is really one big club or fraternity. They all know each other, and I'm sure there are plenty within the league who think a lot more highly of the Garrett's than many of the fans do.
  2. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,365 Messages
    4,539 Likes Received
    deep down he must really believe in jason for the long-term b/c i agree this is the most changes i've seen on a coaching staff without touching the head coach.
  3. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,907 Messages
    2,829 Likes Received
    Really. Maybe he just doesn't want to pay him?

I absolutely doubt it happens, but if Jerry were trying to get him to quit, it could explain why this whole process has been happening in slow motion. Maybe there's a little tug of war going on behind the scenes.

Though again, I think it's 90% Red is on the sidelines next year.
  4. NickZepp

NickZepp Well-Known Member

2,493 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    Exactly. Jerry doesn't have to try and push someone out.
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,788 Messages
    5,488 Likes Received
    It's 99% in my book. I also think Jason's got a fighting chance to get another year even with a moderately successful 2013.
  6. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,427 Messages
    578 Likes Received
    He should just fire Jason at this point, you can't expect him to have command over the locker room after the public neutering he's received this week.
  7. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,365 Messages
    4,539 Likes Received
    I honestly doubt it too. Jason and Jerry are too close for this. People also have to remember Jason's father has been a part of this organization since Jerry bought the team so if Jason is going to get canned, it would happen in the most respectful manner possible.
  8. Vertigo_17

Vertigo_17 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    I could live with that, Sparano was very good while here working with the OL and Romo. Callahan is proven but switching to his WCO might not be in the cards right now so it's a hybrid and switches things up a bit .
  9. Holdenteller67

Holdenteller67 Benched

78 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It would be stupid to fire Garrett now. He just hired a DC, but it would be par for the course for Jones. He hired an OC before he hired Phillips.
  10. COWBOYSNUM1

COWBOYSNUM1 Active Member

621 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    According to Chris Mortensen of ESPN, owner Jerry Jones is pushing coach Jason Garrett to relinquish play-calling duties. Per Mort, Jones also may be trying to get Garrett to fire his brother, tight ends coach John Garrett.
    Mort says John Garrett is calling around the league regarding other available jobs. Which could indeed means that John Garrett fears his brother will fire him.

Mort is just guessing based on the fact the John Garrett has been checking on other available jobs. He didn't say what the other available jobs were. He could be looking for a opportunity to run his own offense. Noone knows and Mort is not confirming anything, he's guessing what's going to happen like everyone else is.
  11. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,079 Messages
    299 Likes Received
    This "suspicion" sounds like sports journalism with a tabloid soap opera twist. It sounds like something a soap opera villainess would perform, not that I watch soap operas. Well, at least, since I was off from high school during the summer and had nothing better to do.
  12. craig71

craig71 Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam

2,599 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    It wasn't all that long ago that John Garrett interviewed for a coordinators job in Miami. Maybe he is trying to get another shot at moving up the ladder in another town?

Craig
  13. Holdenteller67

Holdenteller67 Benched

78 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Never mind missed where it said John. Really this should be Garrett's call not Jones. It is all on Jones. If you don't know how to run an NFL team and you don't learn from your mistakes you have what we've had in Dallas the last 17 years or so.
  14. Holdenteller67

Holdenteller67 Benched

78 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The problem is this is something Jones would do and not out of his nature.
  15. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,861 Messages
    2,078 Likes Received
    Potato, potatoe.

Quayle, Quaile.

Irony? ;)
  16. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,495 Messages
    791 Likes Received
    No matter what, it's bizarre.
  17. Falcon554

Falcon554 Well-Known Member

1,139 Messages
    205 Likes Received
    who knows what is going on, but it sure seems that JG has lost some of his power, but I guess we will find out soon enough
  18. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,551 Messages
    202 Likes Received
    I'm a little confused with this. Is Jerry pulling rank on Jason of is he testing him Etc. very odd situation
  19. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,409 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    What does Witten think about his current position coach being fired?

If Jerry Jones saw fit to fire Jason Garrett, he could do as Al Davis did and not pay the remainder of the contract.
  20. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    It's a valid point you make by the way.

"may" = speculation