1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mort just confirmed JJ is trying to push John Garrett out...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by newlander, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,665 Messages
    666 Likes Received
    See, this is what I hate as much as anything...rampant speculation. Nothing definitive or concrete. But you put it out there, and people take it and run with it. I like Mort, but sometimes he talks out of his *** as much as anybody.
  2. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,059 Messages
    215 Likes Received
    This is beyond bizarre now. I've questioned Garrett as a coach but I'd hate to see it go down like this.

If Garrett is actually leaving, why don't we just hire Lovie?

Whoops..nevermind, i see it's John not Jason
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,994 Messages
    1,024 Likes Received
    The rumor was if Jerry made Jason fire his brother, he was looking for Jason to resign. Saving face by saying he resigned rather than was fired.
  4. bark

bark Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    732 Likes Received
    all this speculation is making me uncomfortable.
  5. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

.....last I checked Red is making 3 mil a yr. right? NO where in the WORLD will he be able to go and make that much money. Unless he opens up a huge meth lab, and he doesn't seem like the type. Seriously, one thing his Princeton education taught him: don't EVER quit a job like this and forfeit all that money to "save face". He can set up his kids and grand kids for LIFE with the money he's making right now.

So yeah, there's specualtion JJ is doing that to him but my educated guess is it won't work. He'll have to fire him if he wants him outta here. He gets one more year to right the ship IMO
  6. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

....Al Jr. is backing up his talk: for once:rolleyes:
  7. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,994 Messages
    1,024 Likes Received
    Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus
    “@ToddHebert: @BryanBroaddus confused, u saying Jerry is bumping heads over John w/ Jason like Mort said or more bs?” Mort is not wrong.
    Expand
  8. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,228 Messages
    1,446 Likes Received
    I just hope we're not keeping Garrett for financial reasons.
  9. jgboys1

jgboys1 Well-Known Member

3,711 Messages
    48 Likes Received
    Yep. Just fire Garrett and name himself the head coach already. He has and still is destroying this once proud franchise.
  10. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    Mort is sometimes wrong as is Broaddus

however for BOTH of them to be wrong about the same subject is a long shot.

Our TE's were OK this year outside of Witten; not great but pretty good overall. The only reason that Jerruh would be after John's head must be something else then the TE performance
  11. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,835 Messages
    3,834 Likes Received
  12. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,374 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I speculated in another post, maybe JJ wants to bring in a running game co-ordinator? Someone who is in charge of the RBs, OL, and TEs?

Maybe Sparano?
  13. jgboys1

jgboys1 Well-Known Member

3,711 Messages
    48 Likes Received
    I think it's JJ just playing the power game. Just wants to remind everyone who's in charge.
  14. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

3,366 Messages
    643 Likes Received
    Perhaps Jerry is trying to break up the country club. I approve.
  15. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    He already has a running coordinator in Callahan. Im guessing he wants more of a passing coordinator and playcaller. John has probably been Garrett's main sounding board and game plan developer for the passing game up to this point. Jerry is probably trying to clear the way for a Pete Carmichael Jr or Hue Jackson type.
  16. DejectedFan1996

DejectedFan1996 Active Member

628 Messages
    197 Likes Received
    That would mean jerry getting rid of jerry and that's not happening.
  17. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,374 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Is P Carmichael under contract though? I think what you say probably makes more sense.
  18. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    His contract is about to expire, and he might be looking for another gig since the Saints probably want Payton to call his own plays and run his own offense since they gave him a billion dollars. He's also been interviewing for a few HC jobs. Broaddus has dropped his name several times, and Broaddus is the first one I heard drop Monte Kiffin's name after Ryan was axed.
  19. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,638 Messages
    333 Likes Received

bennett's impoved performance with the giants.jerry was pretty pissed about it going all the way back to preseason.
  20. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

5,909 Messages
    543 Likes Received
    If anyone watched Martellus though he was making the same mistakes and drops he was making here. They just didn't have a Jason Witten to go to in NY and had to deal with his screw up's. Martellus looked like the same guy he was here to me. He just had more opportunity. If Jerry and co. can't see that then well we have some big problems here.