1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mort just confirmed JJ is trying to push John Garrett out...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by newlander, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

5,540 Messages
    1,015 Likes Received
    Thank you. This organization is embarrassing as long as Jerry keeps doing this like this.
  2. Disturbed

Disturbed A Mere Flesh Wound

1,448 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Jerry should just stop all the charades and name himself head coach. He hires all the staff and does countless interviews like most HC do anyways. He will never let anyone else be the GM or a real HC until he gets this out of his system. So do it already and get it over with....

Jerry Jones the new head coach (not behind the scene pulling strings but actually on the sidelines).
  3. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,106 Messages
    1,130 Likes Received
    Of course Mort could be wrong. He was wrong in the Al Davis vs. Lane Kiffin fiasco.

Why?

He admitted that he refused to try and get Raiders side of the story.

Journalism 101, right there.

The then-ESPN ombudsman skewered him for it. Of course, the ombudsman is really just for show at ESPN.

But, he was right.

Mort has the same type of vendettas that so many of the other goofs at ESPN have. He could be right, but it's difficult to trust him motives.

YR
  4. Ratmatt

Ratmatt Active Member

919 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    I hope now that with Jones wanting Garrett to get rid of his brother,that everyone will see that Garrett has no control over anything.I'm sure the next move will be to take his play calling duties away.Strip him down to the bare minimum.If your going to do all that,then just fire him.
  5. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,068 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    ..Garrett has been given an opportunity he would never get anywhere else. The guy has no track record to fall back on to have leverage to stepup and be a Man like you seem to want.

He's not getting it done, injuries, QB choking two years in a row when the team MUST have his best performance, players injured..assitant DC making predictions his unit can't live up to publically..

Garrett can stay another year if that's the plan..but he's gone after that. Unless this team suddenhy grows some balls and starts playing slobber-knocker ball.

Which I doubt they will. Haven't in 16 years. It's too easy to take the money in Dallas and underperform becuase Jerry Jones is an easy target. Not so fast when Kiflin and a ccouple of others arrive like Sparano.

You will play and play well or you will be gone. And that's what Garrett needs. Assitants that can coach and take responsibility going forward. Didn't have that with Ryan and not sure about Callahan. We certainly had that with Johnson.

But I do know, Sparano is a better OC if that is where it is going as he knows Romo and will call the right plays. He did that very well last time.

Time for Back To the Future if you ask me.

:starspin RedBaLL ExPress:starspin
  6. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

8,960 Messages
    1,235 Likes Received
    That and because he is looking at head coaching jobs.
  7. LittleD

LittleD Active Member

856 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    when you go 8x8 for two years in a row and things aren't working, you have to expect change from management or the crowds dwindle. RHG will have to accept he didn't get it done or move on down the road.:bang2:
  8. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,460 Messages
    572 Likes Received
    To be fair, Jerry bought into this 100%. He aint free of blame.
  9. CowboysFaninDC

CowboysFaninDC Well-Known Member

2,888 Messages
    142 Likes Received
    wouldn't be surprised. Jerry is trying to make himself look good int he process. he couldn't just fire garrett. the play calling thing and john garrett is become a face off between the two of them. giving jerry the excuse to get rid of garrett. he hired kiffin, who worked with gruden. and there were rumors that gruden was putting a coaching staff together. and perhaps the kiffin hire was what gruden wanted.

jerry meddling again. he would be criticized to fire garrett, by 1/2 the fans, but the other half would love it. griuden wants to coach again, yet hasn't interviewed with anyone.

it wouldn't surprise me at all.
  10. Trajan

Trajan Active Member

693 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    This is a lot of work just to fire your coach. If Jerry really wanted him gone he would just let the new coach come in and clean the house of the Garrett clan.
  11. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,843 Messages
    2,295 Likes Received

As usual, the Emperor is wise beyond measure.

More wine!
  12. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,708 Messages
    1,921 Likes Received
    Timmy Mac said on the radio that a lot of people would be happy at Valley Ranch if John Garrett was gone.
  13. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,901 Messages
    2,045 Likes Received
    If anyone sees Garrett's nuts laying around, I'm sure he'd like to know where they are.
  14. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,163 Messages
    4,347 Likes Received
    Sounds like there is a lot of behind the scenes issues. If getting rid of him helps move the organization forward I'm all for it.
  15. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

2,072 Messages
    757 Likes Received
    As long as this is a move originated and executed by Jason Garrett, I agree.

If this was ordered by Jones, I couldn't disagree more.
  16. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I guess the "Country Club" atmosphere is gone. :D
  17. fairviewfarmer

fairviewfarmer Member

337 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Well Said! and +1!
  18. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,464 Messages
    398 Likes Received

Yeah...:laugh2:...castration at it's worst....the next Bull in line is getting nervous and acting a fool....but he'll feel better after it's over.