1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Mort just said we "unofficially" inquired about Favre

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by ghst187, Sep 4, 2006.

1. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,594 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    anyone else heard that?

Mort also said that Favre wasn't interested.

Frankly, Favre was one of the absolute worst QBs in the league last year and doesn't look any better so far this year. You can say he has a crappy team around him and you'd be right, but does that excuse 29 INTs?!?!
    twenty freaking nine. That's a lot of BAD decisions.

Maybe he was to be our #3?!?!
  2. bula

bula Member

177 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    No he didn't say this at all. You should have listened more closely. The Cowboys have NOT asked about Favre. He did not say that.
  3. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Probably just a Jerry Jones daydream.
  4. JackMagist

JackMagist The Great Communicator

5,726 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I didn't hear it so what DID he say?
  5. PAISAN247

PAISAN247 Active Member

232 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    this thread has DELETE written all over it :cool:
  6. WarC

WarC Active Member

1,521 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yes it does excuse 29 interceptions.

Guess who had the 2nd most in the league? Bledsoe.

The Packers are a crap team and thats why Favre looked like crap. He never had decent protection, he barely ever had a running game to build off of. The Packers suffered injury after injury and ended up starting at tailback a kid off of the Steelers practice squad.
  7. Cowboy from New York

Cowboy from New York Active Member

1,681 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    BP hates QB improvisation and Favre is the POSTER CHILD for it. I cannot even fathom how that story could come to light.
  8. FolsomCowboy

FolsomCowboy Member

388 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Actually I was watching that roundtable thing with Irvin, Jaws, Sharpe etc, and they did a piece on Farve and someone DID say there were unoffical inquiries about Farve from the Cowboys.
  9. SC Cowboyfan

SC Cowboyfan Member

740 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yes on monday night countdown...mort did say dallas was one of two teams "unofficially" inquiring about him this offseason...This came in response to the report that Favre stated he would be interested in playing for another team next year if GB was in the process of rebuilding...
  10. Cowboy Junkie

Cowboy Junkie leonargized

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would rather have Bledsoe than Farve
  11. Silverstar

Silverstar Active Member

3,969 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Favre needs to retire and root for Romo from his recliner.
  12. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,743 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    I don't want him and never did. I know he's a sure-fire HOF, superbowl QB but I never liked his style too much. Of course for a lot of that time we had Aikman who was more in line with my liking, but even after Troy retired I never thought gee I wish we could get Farve.

I like him and like to watch him play. Just don't want him as my QB
  13. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,559 Likes Received
    Favre? Just so NO.
  14. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,115 Messages
    3,139 Likes Received
    That is interesting.
  15. DallasCowboysRule!

DallasCowboysRule! Well-Known Member

1,671 Messages
    325 Likes Received
    Favre? Why would we want to bring him in unless Bledsoe was unable to play for some reason. I didn't think that conk on the noggin was that serious.

If we do go after Favre TO might get his wish

"I think we'd be a better team if we had Brett Favre as the quarterback." - TO

Careful what you wish for buddy.
  16. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,594 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    actually he did say that.

I never disliked Favre until Madden started having a love affair with him. Now its just more that I'm sick of hearing about him when he's playing horribly and not playing in the game I'm trying to watch.
  17. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Yup it is interesting
  18. sf49rh8r

sf49rh8r New Member

302 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Come on now...I'm having a hard enough time adjusting to TO being a Cowboy. Favre...no way! What's next Steve Young?....Keep the dark side on the dark side.
  19. dwmyers

dwmyers Well-Known Member

2,049 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    What does this tell me? Something like..

I'm Jeff Ireland/Stephen Jones, the two headed god of player acquisition. I will leave no rumor untouched, I will leave no stone unturned.

These guys hear talk about Favre being frustrated, so probe the depth of it. Find out if he's so frustrated he's leaving. Even if you don't want him yourself, someone else might who would be willing to cut a 3 way deal.

David.
  20. sf49rh8r

sf49rh8r New Member

302 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Favre isn't worth the effort...let the other teams squabble for him. I still say a lot of other players would have gotten ripped for some of his antics over the past couple of years. Him butting into Javon Walkers hold out. Him holding the team hostage on whether he was going to retire or not. Does he still have talent....yes some. But so did Elway, Moon and Marino when they retired but they all new their best days were gone and it was time for the team to be allowed to move on. It was classy how they stepped aside. But Bratt is being very selfish and he's getting away with it. Who does he think he is...Roger Clemens?

9R H8R in Paradise....