1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Mosley: Al Johnson Plans to Lead by Example

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by LaTunaNostra, Jun 27, 2004.

1. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    I agree... Not sure where all this Lehr love is coming from... :confused:
  2. Ben_n_austin111

Ben_n_austin111 Benched

734 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I second that Big Dog. I am very excited to hear Larry Allen is in better shape. He can be one of the best O lineman in the league if he wants to. Also, getting Al Johnson back is a plus. The Oline was the reason we couldn't get the offense going last year. I predict that this line will start to impress after a few games and this team will be a much more balanced team.
  3. Ben_n_austin111

Ben_n_austin111 Benched

734 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I agree with you Herms. I think you'll see some coaching improve this line. Last year, it was lack of talent, injuries and LA being a little lazy. This year I think most of the problems can be coached through and we'll see a big improvement in the line. If there is one thing I appreciate about The Tuna it is his ability to remain patient and squeeze every last drop of talent out of someone and to be content with the players he has to work with. So far, I like the approach he has taken with personell, AND we still have a lot of cap space for the future.
  4. LaTunaNostra

LaTunaNostra He Made the Difference

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    CL, for me at first it was Big East identification, but I quickly started to appreciate Matt in a lot of levels. In fact, if he gets cut, I will never forgive Tuna.

This kid is the epitome of the "Parcells guy". Which is physically not so talented, but psychologically a "transcendor", as far from elite as you might find on a pro football roster, but compensating for his undersized frame with hard work, amiability, brains, and willingness to do anything to make it.

A long shot that for some reason ends up with a 15 year pro career. A lunch pail warrior who never sniffs a Pro Bowl, but whose versatility and motor make him a real contributor. A guy who won't let you down with mental errors, and will keep coming back, and back, and back. A team guy, thru and thru.

I just love him, and everything he stands for. Perseverance, smarts, work ethic, adaptability, and grit. On such Tuna builds his teams.

[IMG]
  5. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    I appreciate those qualities, too, Herms... It's just that I remember the whining Lehr did in 2002 when he was so bad, he was replaced -- and then soundly outplayed -- by a 6th round rookie who had never played the position before. His "poor me" comments afterwards made Hutch sound like John friggin' Wayne. :D
  6. LaTunaNostra

LaTunaNostra He Made the Difference

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Interesting, CL!

Yet another one Bill has made a man of, evidently. ;)
  7. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,289 Messages
    240 Likes Received
    He is a good backup. I would rather have him in there than Tyson Walter. Here is how I see the OL shake out this year.

Flozell
    LA
    Johnson
    Gurode
    Tucker
    Rogers
    Peterman
    DiNapoli
    Vollers
    Lehr

McCauley -> PS