1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Mosley: Jerry Jones needs to get over himself

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by ManicDepressiveMan, Feb 13, 2013.

1. ManicDepressiveMan

ManicDepressiveMan Member

753 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    By Matt Mosley

Jerry Jones has been humiliating his employees for years, so his treatment of Jason Garrett this offseason shouldn't have caught anyone by surprise. But there's been a brazenness to Jones' statements and actions that has upped the ante in some respects.

t's certainly his prerogative to keep this organization in the ditch any way he sees fit, but to watch him strip a family member of his dignity has raised some eyebrows. Even Garrett's close friend and former teammate, Troy Aikman, thinks the head coach has little say in his own future. It was remarkable to hear a positive guy like Aikman have such a bleak outlook for the Cowboys' 2013 season.

Never fear, though, because the word of Garrett's demise has finally pierced the walls of Valley Ranch. Jones suddenly took to the team's website last week in a ham-handed attempt to save face for his head coach. He's insisting that Garrett was leading the way in making changes on both sides of the ball. I happen to know otherwise because I'm quite familiar with the voices who were telling Jerry to hire former Buccaneers defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin. Still, it's humorous to hear Jones provide some new spin.

"He basically sat down and said 'Here's the kind of coach I want,' " Jones said of Garrett. "He did the evaluation. He basically said, 'Jerry, here's who I want to get.' "

Well, that clears up everything. I can just hear Jason saying something to the effect of, "Jerry, let"s start out by getting rid of my brother John. And I think we need more age on the defensive staff."

Read the rest: http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/0...n_landing.html?blockID=862189&feedID=4519
  2. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well, Mosley, who are your sources that have told you Jerry is currently lying? liquor store clerk?
  3. mmillman

mmillman Well-Known Member

2,153 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    spin, lying is there a big difference in this case?
  4. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,478 Messages
    462 Likes Received
    probably the most accurate hard hitting article I have read to date.
  5. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

5,794 Messages
    1,862 Likes Received
    You beat me to it. Agree.
  6. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,416 Messages
    8,312 Likes Received
    Agreed.

This is what I believe is the real status of this team.

I don't like it, but I sure do believe it.
  7. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,885 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    I'd put money on Larry Lacewell being the source.
  8. tantrix1969

tantrix1969 Well-Known Member

959 Messages
    447 Likes Received
    would be my first guess, made me remember Lacewells interview where he said "we tried it Jasons way"
  9. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,878 Messages
    2,136 Likes Received
    Can't fully argue with some of the points here.

I am trying to firgure out where pencil-neck gets that Aikman thinks the future is bleak for the actual team. He just said nearly the opposite yesterday in an interview. Mosley makes it sound like Aikman flat out dismissed any hope of this team having success going forward. That part was bs.
  10. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wish he would just say so
  11. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I thought the same thing - how can he make that comment and not cite any source??? he throws it out there like it is a well known fact....
  12. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,003 Messages
    2,793 Likes Received
    It clearly is hard hitting only thing it lacks is facts. It is loaded with opinions
  13. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,664 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    More garbage.... nothing to see in that article.:rolleyes:
  14. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,462 Messages
    395 Likes Received
    17 Seasons of sorry results conclude that the writers opinions are factual here.

Sorting out the losing mentality in Dallas has really been a long time coming, Local as well as National.

Nice to see people stepping up in and around the world of sports and ultimately saying what absolutely needs to be said to have a chance in help of getting Jerry's head out of the deep dark hole he's been glaring pointlessly into for near two losing decades of Dallas Cowboys football.
  15. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,878 Messages
    2,136 Likes Received
    It has been a long drought. Plenty of reasons for legit fan unrest.

But there are a couple of NFC East titles in there and 13-3 and 11-5 seasons.
    We may have wanted more, but those seasons are not "sorry results" by any standard.

Time to take it up a nothch though...certainly 8-8 and no playoffs is not cutting it.
  16. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,698 Messages
    678 Likes Received
    You may very well be right. It's definitely believable. But "accurate" isn't exactly a word a commonly associate with Mosely. When it comes to the inner workings of VR, he seems to be wrong as often as he is right.

That said, I don't trust Jerry any more than I can throw him, and I've seen him spend a career undermining his coaches.

As for Lacewell, whatever.
  17. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,250 Messages
    563 Likes Received
    Jerry's the source. Liars don't need sources when they're horrible at it.
  18. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Active Member

933 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    Before reading the article, you just don't undermine a position like Jason Garrett's has been - either let him have a chance to do his job or fire him.

I definitely agree with the article.
  19. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,144 Messages
    1,891 Likes Received
    Why would a source that would piss Jerry off ever speak on record?
    I think, in my opinion, this is remarkably close to the truth.
  20. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,692 Messages
    1,503 Likes Received
    As if this by itself wasn't clear enough evidence, the part where Jason demanded that Jerry take playcalling away from him should do the trick.

I can't tell others what to believe.

But I know what I believe.

And it doesn't entail covering my eyes and ears and hoping that everything is OK.

:blind: :nolook: :donthear:

:stop: