1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mosley: Ratliff likely to remain with the Cowboys in 2013

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 24, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,183 Messages
    5,736 Likes Received
  2. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,161 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    As well he should.
  3. BlueStar22

BlueStar22 Well-Known Member

8,322 Messages
    288 Likes Received
    As he should. As stupid as he is right now, we already are thin in both numbers and talent at the position. The majority of us really only care about wins and losses, right? Cutting him not only weakens the position, it also affects the draft.
  4. basstapp

basstapp Well-Known Member

1,112 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    yea I would hate to cut a guy who just endangered people on the rode. I for one would rather lose a season and set an example then to have him walking around especially after the Brent incident. I am not one to judge, but I can have my opinion.
  5. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,692 Messages
    1,121 Likes Received
    Do you think the 49ers should cut Aldon Smith? He had a DUI earlier in the year. I could go on and on. It's a league wide problem.
  6. weaver21

weaver21 Member

640 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Although he made an incredibly stupid and reckless mistake, releasing him would not be the smart thing for our team. We're not exactly strong on the defensive line and even though he's injury-prone, Ratliff still adds a presence there and we need as many bodies in the trenches as possible.
  7. gimmesix

9,161 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    Fair enough. Should everyone who gets caught for DWI be fired from their jobs?

Ratliff has not had a pattern of poor off-field judgment in his career, and I really think people's attitude toward this one is based more on his failure to stay on the field than his failure to stay in his lane.
  8. gimmesix

9,161 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    Yes. I don't condone the behavior, but I don't think a guy should lose his job because of it unless there is a persistent pattern of unlawful behavior. Then, he should go play for the Bengals.

I know the Brent incident makes it even more stupid on Ratliff's part, but that doesn't mean he should be cut for it.
  9. Primetime42

Primetime42 Well-Known Member

2,849 Messages
    175 Likes Received
    No you wouldn't.
  10. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,705 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    Ratliff isnt quite expendable yet. he should stay on at least another year.
  11. Holdenteller67

Holdenteller67 Benched

78 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Brent and Ratliff should be gone.
  12. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,312 Messages
    911 Likes Received
    I'm sure Miranelli can whip him into shape. It's the dumbest, selfish act he did.

But from a fans perspective, if he can give us one year. One last monster year, I'll take it.
  13. Titleist

Titleist Active Member

566 Messages
    204 Likes Received
    What kind of suspension is Ratliff looking at for next year?
  14. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,074 Messages
    1,806 Likes Received
    Slap on the wrist, fined and probation. Since his first offense, maybe no suspension, one game at worst.
  15. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,346 Messages
    1,206 Likes Received
    Dude hasn't been convicted of anything. Just wait and see what happens....:bang2:
  16. gimmesix

9,161 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    Based on precedent, he shouldn't get one.

According to an NFL.com article, a fine of one or two game checks has been the norm for driving offenses under Roger Goodell. Drunk driving is considered substance abuse, so his hands are probably tied by the CBA.
  17. hra8700

hra8700 Active Member

807 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    By rule a player cannot be suspended for a first offense DUI.
  18. BARRYRAY

BARRYRAY Active Member

1,231 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    The problem here as others above have allude to is we constantly hear about accountability.Yet a a guy drives drunk with a suspended license and both of them don't even buckle up.And then Ratliff who couldn't managed to play any this year because he was "rehabbing " his injury was really pumping a couple of tall boys.And yet no one can see whats wrong with the Cowboys and why we were 8-8.Its real clear cut me both I mean whats at risk here another year out of the playoffs.This team is so 8 -8 its not funny.The coach is an 8-8 coach, the owner and QB are so 8-8 too as are the linemen.Arggggggggggggggg... Let's not cut anybody because we might end up 7 and 9....Thanks for letting me vent.At least Jerry didn't get my ticket money this year.
  19. gimmesix

9,161 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    Of course, I'm sure Mara can get that changed just for us. :)
  20. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,720 Messages
    1,565 Likes Received
    If he is healthy, I'm all for it.

He wasn't able to stay on the field last year -- and I think it borders on <hopeful> to expect he'll be able to contribute much next year...

On the other hand, he has averaged 1.8 sacks per season the past three years. With that kind of production, by all means, I'm sure he'll be worth every penny ;-)