1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mosley: Ratliff likely to remain with the Cowboys in 2013

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 24, 2013.

1. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,279 Messages
    1,229 Likes Received
    I think keeping Ratliff for lack of depth is a stupid reason to keep him. no accountability. no message to the team. if Jerry wants to change his public perception he would kick him to the curb. don't agree with this if they keep him.

Posted from Cowboyszone.com App for Android
  2. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I would chip in to pay Rat's salary and I feel like others would too.
  3. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,661 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    No, because he shouldn't be cut over a first offense, and he shouldn't be cut because he's still one of our best defensive linemen when healthy.

If the health issues he had this past season become a chronic problem, then he should be cut.
  4. gimmesix

8,661 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    Much of the same crowd was ready to get rid of Witten after the Seattle game, too, if not before then.
  5. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

24,987 Messages
    614 Likes Received
    He might as well just stab Everett McIver for good measure.
  6. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,048 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Everett asked for a little off the top.
  7. gimmesix

8,661 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    I don't know. Aren't some prostitutes and illegal drugs needed first?
  8. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    This season was not the first time for his health issues. He is nothing more than a shell of his former self. It is not his fault, but his body was abused playing as undersized NT.
  9. gimmesix

8,661 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    I agree that he might be done, but even last year, when he's been in the game, he's been one of our better linemen. I'd prefer to wait and see if he's finished before declaring it so. We don't even know what playing in this front might do for him, other than possibly keeping the double teams off him.
  10. RGKN33

RGKN33 New Member

78 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And ?
    Do what ?
    Get injured when we play him ?
    Who cares ?

How can you see two teammates (1 dead , 1 going to prison) get drunk and go drive and not even 60 days later do the same damn thing and get in a wreck .

Im not usually the one to go crazy about off field stuff and attitudes(i like a player with a lil edge) but this is a shame to take him back .

INEXCUSABLE !
  11. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

2,000 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    At some point this organization is going to have man up and make an example out of somebody. In my eyes Ratliff would and should be that guy.

Im sorry but we need drastic changes in attitude and culture. If the whole confrontation thing with the owner wasnt enough than this should be the last straw if for no other reason than it being on the heels of the death of a team mate under the same circumstances. Its not like he has contributed at a high level (or at all) the past couple of season.

Jerry's doling out of big money to aging vets may be at play here with the decision to keep him and thats all the more reason to not like whats going on.
  12. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,230 Messages
    1,971 Likes Received
    Problem is that he is not expendable............yet.

However, I sure would be keeping a look out for a nice young DT in the draft or free agency.

Just saying.
  13. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,631 Messages
    3,524 Likes Received
    people get too emotionally involved in these types of situations. same people who wanted dez in jail too are now getting their pitchforks out again. this is one thing i give jerry credit for is the fact he doesn't get too emotionally caught up in these types of situations. looking at the salary cap, other holes on the team, and ratliff's past productivity, it'd be ridiculous to cut him "to send a message"...smh.
  14. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,631 Messages
    3,524 Likes Received
    ok so he was injured last season, is he not allowed one season? look up his entire career. he's played minimum 15 games every season going back to his 2006.

like i said before if we were in a better situation cap wise and personnel wise then i can see a scenario where it'd be acceptable to cut him. you should be upset with the owner and his son for putting us in this position of zero flexibility with dumb drafts and dumb free agent signings the last few years.
  15. RGKN33

RGKN33 New Member

78 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    AMEN .

Its not about football .
    Its about life and making good choices .

You are the owner of THE most recognized sports teams in the world .

Now is the time to bring back some respect and dignity if not for yourself Jerry , atleast do it for jerry brown .
    Its a shame that anyone would feel differently .
  16. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,294 Messages
    2,848 Likes Received
    Was there a referee present?
  17. basstapp

basstapp Well-Known Member

1,038 Messages
    120 Likes Received
    Well its not like ratliff was mr dependable last year. If I get a DUI im fired plain and simple. If someone in my same position recently killed aomeone and I got a dui a month later, I would be fired on the spot
  18. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,515 Messages
    547 Likes Received
    Personally I'd cut him.

That's just how I'd be about things like this.
  19. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,236 Messages
    620 Likes Received
    With new coaches and a new system, I'm predicting a All Pro season.
  20. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,149 Messages
    1,282 Likes Received
    it SICKENS me that just a short time after the death of a team mate to the exact same cause he does this.

And so many here see no real problem with that.