1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Mosley:What rookie free agents can make the team?

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by LaTunaNostra, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Merlin

Merlin Member

362 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    True but usually when you're drafted that late, you are better off being undrafted if you have talent. Basically there is not much difference between a seventh rounder and an undrafted free agent.
  2. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,194 Messages
    2,033 Likes Received
    There's something about Herrion. I just think he's going to make it.
  3. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,642 Messages
    3,164 Likes Received

Sarge--I feel your pain...
  4. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,642 Messages
    3,164 Likes Received

I hope someone does...

You know our depth outside of LB, TE, DL and possilbly QB (the backup's could be better than the starter but that's another topic :) ) is pretty slim.
  5. 2much2soon

2much2soon Active Member

2,447 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    I'm out West and saw Newson play a few times.
    The one thing that stood out to me beyond his great hands was an obvious toughness. I think he will be able to do enough physical damage on STs to make the squad. I was also shocked he wasn't drafted.
    Dallas has had enough of these guys in camp from small schools with big reps the last few years that just couldn't cut it. Newson was the top receiver in a big time program, one of the best receivers in a big time conference. I am surprised he isn't considered a near lock among rookies to make the team.
  6. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,290 Messages
    240 Likes Received
    I like the OL depth. The trick is just finding some starters that are better than last year. Vollers and Lehr, two starters from last year, will be coming off the bench. I like backups who have some serious starting experience.
  7. Sarge

Sarge Happy Holidays Staff Member

21,097 Messages
    1,943 Likes Received

:D

Indeed you do.
  8. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,559 Likes Received
    My vote is for Newsom also. As soon as we signed him he was my guy. I actually think he has a chance to make the final roster. If Z. Smith can, why can't Newson?