1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Most hated draft pick?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Afigueroa22, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Afigueroa22

Afigueroa22 Well-Known Member

1,014 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    I want to know what pick most people would hate if we did not choose to trade down. I personally would not like if we took Mark Barron at 14.
  2. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,247 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    Hated? Selecting Barron would not be popular, but unless Dallas selected a prospective 7th rounder, who needed a year to rehabilitate an injury, hate would not enter into the conversation.
  3. irvin88

irvin88 Active Member

1,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If we draft Quincy Carter again.
  4. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,632 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    Makes me think, what would make the board explode....

Obviously a position that isn't in a need area would be first.

Probably second, would be any of the Bama guys since most here seem to hate them for some reason (Barron, Upshaw, Kirkpatrick, and Hightower).

Third, probably Poe since alot hate him for some reason although he is projected by most to go before we even pick.

And last but not at all the least, fourth, any pick that we make and passed on DeCastro.
  5. fjones

fjones Member

182 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I'm not sure about the whole board, But you certainly nailed it for me. Any of those people you mention would cause deep depression in my household.
  6. bpfred

bpfred Member

94 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Not everybody on this board hates Poe. The most agonizing decision for me would be picking between Poe and Coples.

How do you pick between the player you think that could collapse the pocket most from the inside vs the player that could provide the most outside pressure? Cause that's what I think these two players are: The best inside DL pressure vs the best outside DL pressure in the draft.
  7. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,218 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    Kirkpatrick.

Don't think he is smooth enough to play CB or physical enough to play safety. Don't see him fitting our scheme at all.

Coples.

Has great potential and production when he sets his mind to it. Has admitted to quiting. Don't need those type of players.

Poe.

Don't want to spend a high pick on "potential". He has shown nothing in a game. Don't care how fast he runs in underwear....tired of drafting "athletes". We need football players.
  8. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,632 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

Yeah this year it seems that there are so many ways we could go that all we can do is wait until draft day to see how this draft actually falls.

Yeah I only included Poe cause the majority seems like they would be upset cause he would come with alot of risk.

Of course it is the draft, and all players have some level of risk, but the reward for them might not be as high as Poe so I don't have as much of a problem with it as some would.
  9. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,868 Messages
    2,132 Likes Received
    Well, ufc ran a poll earlier on his topic. This is another one that would work well with a poll.
    Put a dozen or so players in a poll of players most likely to be there based on other mocks and ask your question "who would you least like to get at 14?".

Barron is a pretty good choice, btw. he seems like a better trade dwon guy if anything.
  10. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,696 Messages
    1,387 Likes Received
    I would be sick to my stomach if we drafted Tannehill (if he were there)...
  11. ferrispata

ferrispata Active Member Zone Supporter

304 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    I agree. Other than that, I don't think I would 'hate' any.
  12. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,043 Messages
    270 Likes Received
    you must be new to the board, so let me be the first to say

:welcome:
  13. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,696 Messages
    1,387 Likes Received

Man, he has 40 more posts than me but I don't get a welcome? Nice... :D
  14. DFWJC

22,868 Messages
    2,132 Likes Received
    Yeah, he trumps Barron by a mile.
    But I don't really think Tannehill is one that is being considered.
    Maybe he should have asked to pick one out of any that you had even seen mocked to Dallas.
  15. CowboyHawg2012

CowboyHawg2012 New Member

65 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I will be livid if we take coples or ingram. I reallly dont like either for various reasons. Both scream "jacksonville jaguars player we reach for and then busts"
  16. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,352 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    i think some people would like this but most on the board will explode when we pick a TE in round two.....when we trade up to get him lol
  17. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,880 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    I just look at our draft history and cringe when I see the 2000, 2001, and 2009 drafts. If JJ falls in love with a player, all bets are off. If we get good value in the first four rounds, I will breath a sigh of relief. I'm hoping that DeCastro is there in round one and that we can get additional help on both lines and the secondary in those five picks.
  18. DFWJC

22,868 Messages
    2,132 Likes Received
    Except that Coples is generally considered to be going in the top 10 in the draft, so the word "reach" would not remotely define him at pick 14.
  19. Tex

Tex Active Member

558 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Brockers at 14 would make me vomit for sure
  20. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,384 Messages
    1,255 Likes Received
    No matter who they take including DeCastro there will be an unhappy faction here. While they no doubt could use help in the secondary, the better choice would be front seven on D or front five on O.