1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mother commits suicide, takes her kids with her.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by TheCount, Apr 14, 2011.

1. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,008 Messages
    1,009 Likes Received

These type of stories really piss me off. Suicide is already such a selfish act, but to try and take your kids with you? How that can make sense to anyone, even briefly in a moment of desperation, is beyond me.
  2. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,337 Messages
    1,225 Likes Received
    It doesn't make sense. That is the whole problem. Their life or minds don't make sense. If it did, they wouldn't be committing suicide. They have severe issues in the vast majority of cases. You can't apply logic or common sense to the situation because they don't fit.
  3. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,008 Messages
    1,009 Likes Received
    That's the understatement of the century right there.
  4. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Again?? Doesn't this seem to happen frequently? A mom driving her kids into a body of water? What a shame.
  5. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They usually kill the kids to punish the husband or boyfriend. One last act of revenge. Of course, it's far more common for a man to do this sort of thing.
  6. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    :hammer:
  7. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,996 Messages
    1,292 Likes Received
    When I was a Sr. in high school, (150 yrs ago, LOL) our head cheerleaders Dad shot & killed her, her Mom, and then set the house on fire before he killed himself.

It was probably a coincidence, but he did it on the night of our basketball game against our biggest rival.

She never showed up at the game.

I sat by her in a couple of classes, .. the empty chair was awful.
  8. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,008 Messages
    1,009 Likes Received
  9. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,380 Messages
    2,795 Likes Received
    Newburgh, NY is 20 minutes from USMA. We used to go up there for some of the bars and some restaurants from time to time.

It's pretty much a dump. Shameful story.
  10. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,935 Messages
    2,154 Likes Received
    She is worse than any child molester or rapist...and that is almost as low as anyone can get.
  11. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,935 Messages
    2,154 Likes Received
    In the past decade, I'm not so sure that's true.
  12. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It probably only seems that way because it's more shocking when a woman does it, and generates a ton more publicity. I'm sure the raw numbers have men in the lead.
  13. VietCowboy

VietCowboy Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.

2,918 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I went to Newburgh Free Academy (hence why I got out in 3 years, combined 11th and 12th grade). It's actually not a safe town, I remember it being one of the highest per capita for murders in NY.

It's really close to West Point.
  14. Temo

Temo Active Member

3,723 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    That's probably because you're not sick enough to kill yourself. Does seem like begging the question.
  15. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,008 Messages
    1,009 Likes Received
    Being sick enough to kill myself is one thing. Being sick enough to update my facebook status before strapping all my kids in and driving them into a river is another thing entirely. That's evil, not sickness.
  16. CliffnMesquite

CliffnMesquite Well-Known Member

4,190 Messages
    84 Likes Received
  17. Joshmvii

Joshmvii Cowboys baby!

2,655 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    To someone who is not mentally insane, it's impossible to understand how the mind of such a person works. There isn't necessarily a premeditated urge toward murder. She may have felt like she was protecting her kids from some evil in the world and she had to take them with her. It's horrifying to think that some people's brains work this way, but it's true.
  18. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,569 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    we are clearly dealing with insanity at some level.

postpartum depression seems to me on the upswing these days , or the media is reporting it more frequently or something.
  19. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,996 Messages
    1,292 Likes Received
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
  20. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    "I made a mistake," she said before finally releasing the boy,

I remember from that Golden Gate bridge documentary a survivor or two saying as soon as they leapt they knew they'd made a mistake. I wonder if that is what she's saying as as well.