1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

MSNBC makes deal with Napolitano; Only allowed 1 question on extremism report...

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by JBond, Apr 16, 2009.

1. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,728 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    With all the FOX bashing going on, I thought I would remind everyone why MSNBC is in the bag for Obama and in the toilet ratings wise.

MSNBC makes deal with Napolitano; Only allowed 1 question on extremism report...

The GOPers - by that we mean Rep. Eric Cantor's office - are pouncing on an interview today on "Morning Joe" with Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, under this subject line: "Administration Permits Only One Question, No Follow-Ups About Extremism Report."

Today the Secretary went on Morning Joe but they were only allowed to ask one question.

"Apparently, when the Democrats promise an open administration, they really only mean open as long as you ask the questions they want asked and no follow-ups on controversial topics that everyone is reporting on," staffer Joe Pounder wrote in an email.

Anyway check out the transcript:

MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough: “I want to have a discussion afterwards about that interview.”

MSNBC’s Mika Brzezinski: “Now, we should be clear, they only wanted one question.”

Scarborough: “Yeah. So this morning, I got a call that she [Janet Napolitano] was going to be on the show and they said we could only ask one question …”

Brzezinski: “That was the agreement.”

Scarborough: “…about this story yesterday. And I initially said, well, we're not going to do it then, because we don't allow people to tell us what they're going to talk about.”

Brzezinski: “Right.”

Scarborough: “I said, we'll ask one question, see how she responds and since this Mexico issue is so huge, we want our viewers to watch. If she was coming on to, you know, name a new post office that would have been something or a book that would have been – but I want – let's talk about that afterwards.”

Brzezinski: “Okay.”

Scarborough: “We'll ask our audience whether we should have had her on the show or not under those conditions.”

Brzezinski: “Okay, because I actually – I have so many follow-ups.”

Scarborough: “I had a lot of follow-ups.”
  2. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,860 Messages
    1,705 Likes Received
    Is anyone really surprised?
  3. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,728 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    With the way the leftist jumped on FOX for covering major protests you would think they would be as upset about MSNBC being in the bag for Obama. I read many complaints about bias by FOX. Now that it is MSNBC we get nothing.

Well at least they are predictable.
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,310 Messages
    4,644 Likes Received
    If anything I would think this would be an example to counter the in the bag idea of MSNBC.

If they were so in the bag with team Obama, one would think they could ask as many questions at they wanted about this in order to give the guest ample chances to spread their views on it.

So I would imagine most read it and figured...meh.

<cue burms inane ramblings in 3...2...>
  5. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Oh please.... This is like this person interviewing Terrell Owens to find out what happened with the pills...

http://cache.********.com/assets/resources/2006/09/owenspublicist.jpg
  6. BrAinPaiNt

61,310 Messages
    4,644 Likes Received
    You don't follow logic well do you.:laugh2:
  7. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Sure I do.

You think MSNBC is being UNBIASED by asking their one little question and being done with it.

Logically, you're crazy. But then a gain, you've never denied that. :p:
  8. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives. Zone Supporter

7,110 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    Dude, if they were unbiased they would have declined the interview because of the restrictions. What has happened to your brain, brain ? They just followed the party line and said ok...but we don't like it...lol. Yeah right.
  9. BrAinPaiNt

61,310 Messages
    4,644 Likes Received
    Umm...No that is not what I think nor what I conveyed. So I guess my question to you about logic is answered.
  10. BrAinPaiNt

61,310 Messages
    4,644 Likes Received
    At least you have a logical retort instead of some obama obession hate msnbc type of retort...so Kudos to you.:cool:

What you said makes sense, they should have turned it down with those conditions. Does not make them biased, in this case, that they did not. It makes them a news channel taking whatever bone they can get in this case.

NOT SAYING that msnbc is not biased...before someone rips their sphincter trying to reply saying that.
  11. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,728 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    So back under the Bush days, if FOX said we are going to limit our questions about the Patriot Act to one, you would have had the same response? I am not sure you would have. But then again you are not the one being targeted. They are targeting recent veterans, people that believe in states rights and legal immigration. I am pretty sure you do not fall under any of those categories or you would be a little more upset, like back in the Patriot Act days.
  12. BrAinPaiNt

61,310 Messages
    4,644 Likes Received
    You assume too much.:cool:
  13. burmafrd

41,860 Messages
    1,705 Likes Received
    Brain is incapeable of admitting that MSNBC was clearly in the tank and has been and nothing has changed. He is still making excuses for them.
  14. BrAinPaiNt

61,310 Messages
    4,644 Likes Received
    Your inane ramblings took longer than I expected, but you could still be counted on to be the GOP bot you normally are in here.
  15. burmafrd

41,860 Messages
    1,705 Likes Received
    And you are the new Obama bot. Pot meet kettle.
  16. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,942 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    [IMG] :D
  17. burmafrd

41,860 Messages
    1,705 Likes Received
    I like that one trick.
  18. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    OK...so you're saying that MSNBC isn't biased?

;)
  19. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It only seems fair. After all, CBS let Palin's team control the Katie Couric q&a. Oh wait, that never happened. :rolleyes:
  20. BrAinPaiNt

61,310 Messages
    4,644 Likes Received
    Didn't Bill O interview both Hillary and Obama. :rolleyes: