1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Murray may be key to winning Sunday night...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Arkyvarminter, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Nexx

Nexx Well-Known Member

1,545 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    This, we can't change what the offense is now. You get up through the air to setup the run.
  2. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great guitarists Staff Member

35,895 Messages
    3,043 Likes Received
    The key to winning the game is holding them to 25 or so.

I have no idea who's playing so I have no idea what our chances are.

I've been in and out all day so I don't know the status of Jenkins, Sims and Albright or Ware either.
  3. Derekmtl85

Derekmtl85 Active Member

630 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    If our defense could stop the Saints, we would have won even with his fumble.

Man, i never saw fans turn against players as quickly as Cowboys fans.
  4. Falcon554

Falcon554 Well-Known Member

1,098 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    Im sorry he cant fumble 2 weeks in a row, and not get some. Plus all he has done really in 2 years is be an average injured back. He is nothing special at all. This year he has never taken over a game. At this point I say draft someone else
  5. venky

venky Active Member

439 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    The key is to not bite on the play action fakes. I know it's easier said than done, but it's the truth. I don't buy the hype when it comes to RG3. He's yet to show me that he can be a pure pocket passer and beat teams consistently when he doesn't have the threat of the play action.

Of course to be fair, this is his first year, and he can very well show that later in his career.
  6. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,046 Messages
    1,377 Likes Received
    Yeah, I have to agree with this. What bad timing to have a fumble that close to the goal line!

:cool:
  7. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

10,879 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Murray may be key to winning Sunday night...

Yes he is.
  8. OklahomaCowboy88

OklahomaCowboy88 Benched

265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He could be the difference maker. Need a strong game from him.
  9. Ultra Warrior

Ultra Warrior 6 Million Light-years beyond believability.

1,459 Messages
    160 Likes Received
    Only if the KEY is to not FUMBLE again this week. Gotta do a better job securing that ball.
  10. jbravo316

jbravo316 Benched

166 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Key to them winning if he gives them the ball on our 5 yard line again. They will now try even harder to strip the ball thinking he is a fumbler.
  11. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,493 Messages
    746 Likes Received
    The key to winning will be the defense stepping up and playing a hell of a lot better than it did yesterday and a few weeks ago vs Washington plus Romo having a big, productive mistake free game. If that happens the Cowboys will win but I have little confidence in the defense containing RG3 and Morris.

Nothing has hurt the Cowboys more in these do or die games than the play of the defense. Eli shredded the D in the season finale last year with 346 yards and 3 TD's. With all the injuries on the defense and Ware being rendered ineffective due to his health things aren't looking very promising.
  12. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,046 Messages
    1,377 Likes Received
    The players on defense are off the streets. They make mistakes, but they are learning the system still, and doing the best they can. Plus, they play hard physical football. No quit that I see.
  13. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,483 Messages
    122 Likes Received

You are right quarterback play matters the most, we just need him too run the no huddle offense and we will see offense that will be scoring and so many yards he just takes over the huddle so well and better than most qbs out there he is one of the best in a no huddle offense no doubt
  14. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,493 Messages
    746 Likes Received
    There's no quit but this is an average defense that's been riddled with injuries and it's caught up with the team. If the offense didn't make some big plays yesterday the Saints would have blown the Cowboys out.
  15. Westcoasthabsfan

Westcoasthabsfan Active Member

2,301 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    I think the defence lost this game....no pass rush poor tackling etc....
  16. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,311 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    this. Defense made no plays. Didn't the saints convert like 11 of 19 3rd downs, including alot of 3rd and longs. SMH. Running backs out the backfield killed us.
  17. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,990 Messages
    435 Likes Received
    As long as he can hold onto the football... TWO straight games with a critical fumble.
  18. Paniolo22

Paniolo22 Hawaiian Cowboy

3,606 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    They just need to make sure they keep the "play" in playaction. When they hard sell it, we are unstoppable. When they do it from the shotgun, not so much.
  19. NickZepp

NickZepp Well-Known Member

2,488 Messages
    95 Likes Received
    Romo is playing great ball and I understand putting him at the center of the game plan passing it the way he has. But we need to be more of a team about time of possession. A big reason the Saints won in the end is that they had the ball all game long. We need to eventually run the ball and start winning the TOP war.
  20. Nexx

Nexx Well-Known Member

1,545 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    Here is the biggest problem with that. You are all the sudden asking your offense to do.something it has not been able to do all year. I'm sorry but thats not smart. As much as I would like to just cram the the run game down washingtons throat its not remotely realistic with this group.