1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Murray may be key to winning Sunday night...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Arkyvarminter, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,610 Messages
    1,870 Likes Received
    I think you need to throw the ball to win. And I think if Dez starts getting doubled, then you have to start having him cross the field, slants, drags, just pull him away to a different zone.

Send in motion, just do whatever it takes to get him away from double coverage. Murray, has to have his touches, and if things start getting clogged up, you have to call short routes, and patient short drops to get the crowd out of the game. Calling long developing plays off the bat will get Romo killed then rattled.

And Romo already get's freaked out in big games, and this is a BIG game.
  2. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,022 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received
    Adam, How do you feel about Jason as a playcaller?
  3. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,598 Messages
    3,131 Likes Received
    I think that pretty much seals the deal.
  4. NickZepp

NickZepp Well-Known Member

2,678 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    Against New Orleans for the first 3 and a half quarters our offense just wasn't efficient. We had the 2 big plays to Dez, outside of that our offense really did nothing and wasn't on the field that much till there was 4:30 minutes left and we were down two scores. We need to keep that from happening. We need to constantly have series that keep the ball out of the other teams hands. Especially when the other teams have have great offenses like New Orleans and Washington do. We don't have to completely do this running the ball either. Short passes can do this and have done this effectively at times this year.
  5. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,912 Messages
    1,585 Likes Received

Do you have the numbers for the following scenarios for our games?

Teams that have passed AND run more effectively in the game.

Teams that have passed more effectively but rushed less effectively in the game.

Teams that have passed less effectively but rushed more effectively in the game.

Teams that have passed less effectively AND rushed less effectively in the game.
  6. Howardlittleton64

Howardlittleton64 Benched

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't think there is any maybe about it.
  7. e41dalasfan

e41dalasfan New Member

109 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We had 3 games where we passes for more than 400 yards and we lost...Plus How do you classify success in the running game ? Are you going by ypc? because there have been games where the ypc has been up but the amount of carries were down and we lost....There have been games where our ypc was way down but the amount of carries was way up and we won
  8. e41dalasfan

e41dalasfan New Member

109 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not sure how you are judging our rushing and passing compared to the other teams ,but I'll take your word for it
  9. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

15,060 Messages
    631 Likes Received
    It's all based on per-play effectiveness. Going by totals is misleading because once it gets into the fourth quarter, teams usually pass when they're behind and run when they're ahead. They GET ahead by passing more effectively, in most cases.
  10. e41dalasfan

e41dalasfan New Member

109 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Kinda hard to tell this ...There is to many varibles ...Playcalling for one...Plus if you establish the running game enough for teams to bite on play action your passing game will flourish, but if you never would have established the run the passing game will struggle..So which is more important...Look at the Redskins they are considered the best in our division ...Are they more of a running or passing team??
  11. e41dalasfan

e41dalasfan New Member

109 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We have had quite a few games that we won and then the next day there an acticle about how our running game struggled because we got less than 100 yards on 20 or more carries...Just because we are not killing the ypc doesn't mean that we didn't need it to win
  12. AdamJT13

15,060 Messages
    631 Likes Received
    ... are 8-2. Both losses were in overtime.

... are 5-0.

... are 0-5.

... are 2-8, with both wins in overtime.
  13. AdamJT13

15,060 Messages
    631 Likes Received
    We don't need it to win. That's the point. You can win without running the ball effectively or stopping the run, as long as you can pass it more effectively than your opponent. That's true whether you run it a little or run it a lot.
  14. zeroburrito

zeroburrito Active Member

4,073 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    better than cousins. that kid looked like dan freaking marino.
  15. MissouriCowboy

MissouriCowboy Well-Known Member

1,261 Messages
    406 Likes Received
    Kc has one of the worse Qbs depths ever.
  16. e41dalasfan

e41dalasfan New Member

109 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Believe what you want I'm going the other direction
  17. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,598 Messages
    3,131 Likes Received

It's not a case of "belief". It's a case of numbers bearing out fact.

If you have some evidence that supports your position then press forward.

But if not, then the argument sounds like those coming from the "flat earth society".
  18. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,974 Messages
    1,047 Likes Received
    Stopping the run with 7 in the box. That is the key to a win Sunday.
  19. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,399 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    For me it is turn overs and red zone defense. This defense is going to give up yards, they just cant give up a TD every time.
  20. AdamJT13

15,060 Messages
    631 Likes Received
    OK, I'll stick with the facts. You stick with the disproved theory.