1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Murray thinks there is a chance he’ll return Sunday against the Browns

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Gryphon, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There is no denying. When he is healthy, he’s a stud back. However, that’s the problem in a nutshell, he never is. The knock on Demarco Murray coming out of the University of Oklahoma was that he just couldn’t stay on the field. That was the major reason why Murray fell to the third round - durability. In his second year with the Dallas Cowboys, Murray has managed to play in 5 games, amassing 330 yards and one TD. He's coming off a foot injury and the Cowboys are taking it slow with him. However, according to Schuyler Dixon of the Associated Press, Murray was present at practice, although he did not participate. “This is the best I’ve felt mentally coming in after working out,” Murray said. “I feel good.” When asked if he would play, he replied, “a chance.” “Today and this week is the best I’ve felt,... Once I feel like I can help this team and be ready to go and play like I’m accustomed to playing, I’m going to get out there.”

LINK: http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...ell_return_sunday_against_the_browns/12218512
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,087 Messages
    1,623 Likes Received
    Murray had 1 season at OU where he missed any real time, his last season he started all 14 games they played.
  3. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

1,950 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Too late. I'm starting Reggie Bush tonight rather than wait and see if Murray can play.

/Have D. Martin as my other RB and Marcel Reese for my flex
    //Even if Murray plays sunday he probably will be used sparingly
    ///Hope we have him to run all over the skids
  4. marchetta

marchetta Well-Known Member

2,984 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    We won't see him on the field again until we meet Philly after Thanksgiving. JJ wants him ready for a down-the-stretch run.
  5. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    where did you get this info?
  6. jayhouston12

jayhouston12 New Member

543 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i honestly think he should sit until he's 100 percent

because if he goes back out he's going to be he bob sanders of running backs
  7. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,965 Messages
    5,625 Likes Received
    He's not guessing.
  8. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think our "down the stretch run" needs to start yesterday. We aren't in the position to simply sit dinged players. That's a luxury teams with winning records and multiple game leads in their divisions can afford...
  9. panchucko

panchucko I'm too excited to sleep.. Zone Supporter

1,927 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    good idea I hope that is what is going to happen
  10. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No kidding. If he can run, he needs to play. We're already at 5 losses. IMO, each game from this point on is a "must win".
  11. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I feel ya. I just don't feel comfortable/confident in Jones. I'm of the opinion that he needs to play when he can play well.......but I'm also ready to risk putting him in as early as Thanksgiving.

Conventional wisdom would be sit him for those extra 10 days. Problem is I feel we are really really really, going to need him Thanksgiving.
  12. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,717 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    Lol we're in the stretch run right now.
  13. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,720 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    He's not playing. Strikes me as a guy who has to be 100% or he won't go. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.
  14. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,099 Messages
    4,020 Likes Received
    I agree. We need him.
  15. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I'd much rather hear this from JG than Murray. Every player wants to play and thinks they can. It's the trainers or medical staff that need to approve him.
  16. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,678 Messages
    213 Likes Received
    This team is just the kind of team that can have trap games at 4-5, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they rested Murray for the december run
  17. anava

anava Well-Known Member

1,523 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Is would save him for Thanksgiving. Playing a game for the first time in a month then again in 4 days would be tough.
  18. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,099 Messages
    4,020 Likes Received
    He's a running back, not a pumpkin pie.
  19. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,207 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Bullcrap...this is not true at all. If anything, Murray played through many injuries at OU, and he only missed 5 games during his 4 year collegiate career.

Yardbarker? Lol...just a bunch of useless noise.
  20. cowboyfan4life2

cowboyfan4life2 Well-Known Member

1,093 Messages
    175 Likes Received
    No one is 100 percent right now, I think he should give it a go asap, we are in must win mode.