1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Must read ex-scouts blog

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Randy White, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,110 Messages
    39 Likes Received
  2. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,919 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    Good read.
  3. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Ouch on the Buffalo/Von Miller comment.

He does lose some credibility when he says Smith would start at LT right away. Ever heard of Doug Free?
  4. aggiecurt05

aggiecurt05 Member

125 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    If Fairley is available at 9, this scout's discussion of Levi Brown/Adrian Peterson is the reason I would be really frustrated if the Cowboys don't sit and take him. I know he's in the box, but this is the classic "what changed between now and the season" question. Seriously, this guy dominated like Suh. He was sick good. If this class gets a re-draft in 5 years, I would be floored if he isn't picked #1 overall.
  5. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,999 Messages
    298 Likes Received

where do you think he'd fit in our scheme, most have him as a 4-3 dt only and i agree
  6. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    So who fits the discription of the high production college guy who is going to get overlooked by the scouts and maybe go really late or undrafted in this year's draft? Ahmad Black?
  7. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,110 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    a bunch of stuff he says that I completely disagree with, but I like alot of it too. In particular the idea that a person or persons with scouting background, more so than with " accountant " or " law " background, should be making the decisions on the draft picks. They're not always going to be right, nobody always is, but they're going to be right more often than the persons who are not familiar with the players that are being scouted.

There's an argument for both, because I also believe in listening to more than just one opinion or two, but his opinion in that regard is logical.
  8. aggiecurt05

aggiecurt05 Member

125 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    You know, I'm not an expert on schemes, but I understand Rob Ryan runs a bit of a hybrid in that he shifts players around and likes to disguise his scheme. As such, I can't help but think that between Fairley and Ratliff, there would be some quite interesting combinations that would wreak havoc on o-lines. It would seem that the Cowboys disagree with me.
  9. dwmyers

dwmyers Well-Known Member

2,049 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Given that this author is a typo machine (i.e. Priest Holmes in college in 2006!?), he probably meant RT.

David.